United We Stand

United We Stand

It's time to wake up, America.

5
United We Stand

Everyday I go through the same routine. I check all my social media sites, tag my friends in hilarious videos, and try to avoid reading the news about what our country is going through. Yet, I still find myself reading them and having my heart broken.

I see officer after officer being shot even though they weren't the ones that were doing bad things. I see black people being killed for a crime they didn't commit but no one knows all the information as to why it is happening. There were terrorist attacks that everyone has forgotten about because we can't let go of pride. Families are losing loved ones on our own turf and each story is getting harder to hear. Each day we are falling apart as a country and that's not who we are.

We are the United States of America. We come together in crisis. We shake hands with strangers to show them we respect them and care because we live in a country that many people have fought hard for and died for. We are losing sight of what we stand for.

It's time to wake up, America.

We have men and women of all different races overseas protecting us from things we don't know about. We are making their purpose to fight not worth it anymore. We have families of those soldiers waiting on that one text or phone call that they can get each month from them wondering if they are okay.

Instead of praying for them and making sure they come home to a safe home we are trying to figure out who to point fingers at and who to blame. It's time we start pointing fingers at ourselves. We want a change in this country, but no one is willing to change themselves to make that change. It's time we got rid of the arrogance and of the selfishness.

WE ARE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. UNITED WE STAND. ONE NATION UNDER GOD. WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.

Let's not forget where we came from, America, and let's pray for the soldiers who are really sacrificing their lives for our freedom.