Unexpected News

Unexpected News

Finally Back to Normal

2228
Unexpected News
Not all People are what they Post to Be

Mr. Brooks Point of View:

I hear tge door to my room open to find who I was hoping to see. She runs in when she sees that I'm awake and hugs me. It feels so comforting and I don't want to let her go, so I hold on to her tighter until she finally lets go. She only pulls away a few inches and looks me in the eyes with so much fondness. She starts to lean in slowly, but I can't take the anticipation so I gently cup her face in my hands and meet her the rest of the way. We passionately kiss and it deepens until a knock on the door interrupts us. "Sorry to interrupt..."

"It's no problem, do you have news on his discharge?"

"He should be able to leave soon, but he needs to rest at his home for at least two weeks before going back to work. Just call the hospital if anything seems off or if it gets worse." The nurse leaves and Rebecca turns to me and says, "If you wouldn't mind I could stay at your house until you are well enough to take care of yourself."

"I would love for you to stay at my house." As I say that I realize that didn't exactly come out the way I intended it too, but she just smiles and blushes.

A couple of weeks pass while Rebecca takes care of me and I head back to work.

Rebecca's Point of View:

As we enter the store I hold the door open for Mr. Brooks and he goes through with the help of his crutches and heads to his office. Out of the corner of my eye I see Clair running up to me and before I know it she has me locked in a bear hug. She says, "Are you okay? I heard what happened to you and Mr. Brooks!"

"Yea, we're fine now, it was a rough couple of days, but we made it."

"I'm so glad both of you are okay. I can't believe it happened after I left the store. It's so weird they took you two as hostages."

"Yea, it was really weird, they didn't even ask for money, just tied us up, threw us in a shed, and locked us up. Mr.Brooks got shot here at the store and almost bled to death."

"Oh my goodness,that's horrible! The police and I were trying to find where you two were and if the gang was going to ask for ransom. You're boyfriend was gone before I even go here, the paramedics said he was gone for a little while."

"I watched him die because he was there at the wrong time. I feel really bad that he died, just because he wanted to see me at work. I really liked him and I really wish I could have saved him."

"That sounds awful, I wish there was something I could've done. Let me know if you need anything, I'm right here for you."

"I really appreciate it." I give her another hug before heading to my work station.

As the day goes on nothing really exciting happens, just a normal day. As we are about to close Mr. Brooks comma out of his office and meets me at the front door. I take his hand in mine and our fingers intertwine as we head out the door and back to his house.

Claire's Point of View:

Did I just see what I think I saw! This was not supposed to happen, she was supposed to die from the beginning, and I was supposed to get Mr. Brooks all to myself. She got over that guy who died fairly quickly, what does that say about her? I need to do something fast, before they get too involved. Apparently I have to do everything myself, this time she's going to be out of the picture forever. Mr. Brooks will have no choice but to pick me!