Understanding Your Worth Isn't In A Size, But Is In Your Heart

30

Dear Beautiful Girl,

Throughout the years, I have noticed that being a girl has become a challenging ordeal. From being pressured to be a size two to figuring out how to keep your life together and look graceful.

I personally know the feeling of not being "good enough" or "pretty enough." You, sweet girl, are not alone.

But what if I told you size isn't everything, along with the number a scale presents you?

Empowering yourself to realize and understand your true beauty comes from within your own heart. A size doesn't define the amount of smile you have brought to faces around you.

How many lives you have touched.

How many random strangers' days you have made.

How many giggles you have shared with close friends.

How you're going to grow and change the world.

A size is simply a size— something that could never measure the worth of you or your heart.

So, when you slip on those jeans that hug your hips a little tighter than normal or just don't fit anymore, take a small moment to remind yourself you are beautiful.

Frustration and the thoughts of being unworthy will try to flood their way in, and your heart will slowly start to sink.

When you're wiping your tears, remind yourself that life changes and so will your body.

Then, I want you to take a small moment and recollect beautiful moments in your head. Make yourself a warm cup of coffee or tea, put a face-mask on, and breathe. Confidence speaks more than a tag size ever will. When you realize that, the world is yours to conquer.

Eat your veggies. Go for nature walks. Kayak through lakes. Find your worth through life's adventures and not through a size printed on a tag.

You define your own beauty, and with that key in your hand, you can take on the world.

You're beautiful, and I am proud of you. Keep going, little gem.

All my love,

A girl who realized size isn't everything