The Ultimate Michigan Bucket List

The Ultimate Michigan Bucket List

40 super cool things to do while in Michigan.

312
The Ultimate Michigan Bucket List
Stock Snap

If you are ever able to visit the great state of Michigan, here is a list of 40 things to try out and experience that will create life long memories. There is a reason they call it Pure Michigan. Once you fall in love, you'll be back for more, I promise.

1. Visit Rocks National Lakeshore

2. Drive a dune buggy at Silver Lake Sand Dunes

3. Experience Mackinac Island

4. Wander through the Detroit Institute of Arts

5. Visit the Holland Tulip Time Festival in May

6. Check out the shipwrecks of the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary

7. See the Northern Lights over Lake Superior

8.Get up close with the giraffe at Binder Park Zoo

9. Spend the afternoon exploring Belle Isle, in Detroit

10. Waddle with the penguins at the Detroit Zoo

11. Tryout the Mystery Spot in Onsted, Michigan

12. Go to the Maple Syrup Festival in Vermontville

13. Go to Hell (Michigan) and back

14. Spend a night in a lighthouse Bed and Breakfast

15. Check out the Traverse City Cherry Festival

16. Kayak around Michigan's Thumb on the blue water trail

17. Drive along the Lake Michigan shore at sunset

18. Travel through the towering forests of Estivant Pines in the U.P.

19. Get your beer passport during a craft-brew tour in 'Beer City, USA' (Grand Rapids, MI)

20. Stargaze for hours at the Headlands International Dark Sky park

21. Tour the State Capital in Lansing

22. Take flight at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo

23. Climb a lighthouse

24. Go back in time at the Henry Ford Museum

25. Experience the dune climb at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore

26. Explore the ice caves on Lake Superior

27. Search for Petoskey stones along the lakeshore

28. Indulge with MOOmers Homemade Ice Cream in Traverse City

29. Try out surfing on Lake Michigan

30. Eat a pasty while in the U.P.

31. Spend a day riding roller coasters at Michigan's Adventure in Muskegon

32. Experience a Red Wings game at the Joe in their farewell season

33. Relax with butterflies at the Frederik Meijer gardens

34. Take a ferry ride under the Mighty Mac Bridge

35. Get away from the city life and see Tahquamenon Falls

36. Pick blue berries in the summer

37. Experience 'fish town' in Leland, Michigan

38. Try out camping at one of the state campgrounds

39. Explore the Ford Rouge factory tour

40. Experience a historical lighthouse