The Truth On Life, As Told By "Gossip Girl"

XOXO

12
Tumblr

Binge-watching television shows is one of my guilty pleasures. Although this may be looked down upon, there's actually a lot you can learn from them. Specifically, one show that has some of the most memorable quotes for me is "Gossip Girl." "Gossip Girl" wasn't always the most happy-go-lucky show, however, we learned a great deal from it. Whether it'd be mistakes from Serena's past or Chuck Bass' attempts to make the right decision, some of the best quotes came from these trying moments.

1. "Destiny is for losers. It's just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen." - Blair Waldorf

This is one the best quotes I have ever heard, period. If you sit around and don't try to start your life, nothing will ever come from it. Destiny and fate won't work in your favor, unless you work for it.

2. "In the face of true love, you don't just give up. Even if the object of your affection is begging you to." - Chuck Bass

Never give up on someone you love, even when everything is telling you to.

3. "In order to fully transform, we might need to free ourselves of everything we’ve been holding on to. To send us on our new path. The right one." - Gossip Girl

Let go of past mistakes, no one deserves such a heavy burden on them. Once you accept your flaws, mistakes, and get into the notion of no regrets, you're on the road to a new path.

4. "I'm not who you thought I was, but what's happened is in the past, and all I can do is try to change. If you can't accept that, then you're not who I thought you were." - Serena Van Der Woodsen

If someone can't accept your past, they don't deserve to be apart of your future. The best thing you can do for yourself is to find someone in your life who accepts you for everything you have to offer.

5. "Even when you’re not sure where you’re headed, it helps to know you’re not going there alone. No one has all the answers. And sometimes the best we can do is just apologize. And let the past be the past. Other times, we need to look to the future. And know that even when we think we’ve seen it all, life can still surprise us. And we can still surprise ourselves." - Gossip Girl

Life is full of never ending unexpected events that are waiting to unfold. Just because we have a plan, never means it will work out that way.