God Finishes Everything He Starts, Trust His Process
Christianity

Our God FINISHES.

244
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg_WxKIg4Ji/

Have you ever began on a project but then you never quite got around to finishing it? Maybe you decided it would take too long so you were not interested in finishing it anymore. Maybe you decided it required more effort than you were willing to put in so you dropped it or maybe you just simply forgot about it because it was not really all that significant.

Maybe you can't relate to that though. Perhaps you are somebody that absolutely has to finish everything you start. No matter how long it takes, or how much effort it takes or how insignificant it may seem, you always, always get it done. Maybe you're a finisher.

I'm going to be transparent with you all here and say I, for one, am not a finisher. If it does not have to be done I won't do it or if there is a shortcut to getting it done I'll take it. Sometimes I set out to achieve a certain goal and it does not happen. Sometimes I avoid making goals all together so I'm not disappointed when it doesn't happen. I am not a finisher at all, but I know someone who is.

God is a finisher.

When He starts a work in your life He has every intention to achieve what He has set out to do in it. He will never begin something in your life and then leave you high and dry. He does not walk away from you and He does not give up on you. He answers prayers. He fulfills His promises. He delivers and He provides. He finishes his works in us.

Now, I know that saying this all is easy, but living in that truth can be difficult at times. It can be frustrating when you have been praying for something for a long time and nothing is changing. Maybe you have been waiting and waiting for an answer and you haven't found it yet. Maybe there has been a pivotal moment that occurred in your life and you are looking for the meaning of it or the "why" behind it. Why did this happen to me? Why now? Where do I go from here? It can be so hard, but God will finish what He has started in your life. You just have to trust Him fully in the process.

All throughout the Bible, we find evidence that God is indeed a finisher. In Genesis we see him create the world and on the sixth day, it says that He finished the work He had been doing. In the book of John Jesus says that his mission on this earth was to do what God had sent him to do and finish His work. Finishing was His entire mission! Later in the book of John, we come to Jesus on the cross and his final words before death were, "It is finished." He would not give up His spirit until He knew He had finished the work He began and was sent to do.

Our God FINISHES.

So if you have been praying for something for a long time then keep praying. If you have been waiting for an answer keep on waiting. If you are searching for the meaning in something that has happened keep searching. If you feel like giving up, I encourage you not to. Trust God's process. He will answer, He will deliver, He will fulfill His promises and He will finish in your life.