What is true paradise?

True Paradise: The Birthplace Of My Little Sister

Homesick for Hawaii.

117

Beautiful crystal blue waves splashing the white powder-like sand is how she pictures her happy place. She's connected to the ocean paradise by birth. It is her one true home that she imagines in her mind to this day. When the bitter stateside winters roll around, she is continuously reminded of the sunny skies and the friendly tones of the islanders surrounding her. Year by year, she grows taller, gains more knowledge, and begins to forget the striking island on which she grew up. Being a young Caucasian girl of seven years, she is rarely believed when telling others that O'ahu, Hawaii is her home. But she refuses to let others get her down and continues to hold onto her distant memories of the life she lived years ago.

As she frolics on the powdery sand, she is in a state of disbelief. The waves splash in the distance, as she makes her way toward the water upon the shore. She begins to step, tiny toe by tiny toe, closer to the white froth forming at the shoreline. Small bubbles begin to form around her feet and the water is washed out from beneath them. When she glances down, she finds that her feet are now covered with gooey sand.

Instead of trying to pry them out, she plops her bottom down to sit and wait for the next round of waves to glide up and sweep the water out from under her once again. Two seconds go by until the crystal blue water tugs her just a bit deeper into the sandy mess. While sitting patiently, she continues to watch the eye-catching waves meet together in the distant sea. She loves the feeling of watching and waiting for the rapidly moving waters to make their way up to the shore, meeting up to join each other in the process. Though she has not been to her happy place in quite a long time, she will forever hold that memory in her heart.