7 Things You Know To Be True If You Are Close With Your Roommate

They are the girls who really miss you, when they say they miss you.

7
Lauren Shouse

A few things you know to be true with you are close with your roommate...

1. She's always there.

She's always there no matter what time of day. She's there if you need a laugh, a cry, coffee date, Walmart run, to vent, and the list goes on. She's even there when she's actually not physically there, she will reply within seconds at the time when you need her the most.

2. You always have someone to make a pallet with.

In my case, my roommate and I have trouble sleeping some nights so at one in the morning we decided to take our beds and move them into the floor just like were making a pallet.

3. She understands you.

She knows how you like things like a planner and white board that always has some kind of list on it. How you like to rearrange the room at one in the morning and she helps you even though she just wants to lay in bed. She knows that you take on way to much at one point and you stress yourself out. She knows that we don't speak in the morning unless it's really important. She knows when you just need to scream or cry or laugh. She has all the right words to say.

4. When you have a bad day, she also has a bad day.

No matter what you think, if you have a very close relationship with your roommate you have a bad day well, so does she. It happens every freakin time.

5. She knows how important sleep is.

Naps are the key to our days. She gets out of class before me on some days, so I know for a fact when I get out of class I am taking a nap because she is already asleep. On other days I don't have class and she does and she does everything in her power to stay quiet so I don't wake up. (Make sure you discuss this first thing, don't get stuck with morning person if you are not one.)

6. She is your best friend.

She becomes someone that you had no idea would become so close to you. You start to realize her problems are yours and the same with your problems. You never imagined you could be so close with one person and sure enough you let every wall you ever had up because you know she loves you no matter what.

7. You call her every day when she leaves school.

It could be a weekend or a break and y'all still talk every day because something new has happened and you have to tell her. You cannot wait until you see her next because she knows all the little details and she has to know this one too!

So for all you roommates out there, love your roomies a little more and remember to thank them for everything they do for you. They don't get enough credit most of the time. They are the girls who really miss you, when they say they miss you.

To my roomie: Thank you for dealing with my attitude when I get hungry and/or tired. Thank you for always being up for crazy adventures. Thank you for always sleeping on the floor with me when it's too cold because we refuse to shut the window. Thank you for crock pot dinners. Thank you for the endless support. Thank you for loving me at my worst and picking me up when I don't think there's any hope left. Thank you for the advice at 2am or 2pm. I love you more than you'll ever really know.