When A Tragedy Hits Home

When A Tragedy Hits Home

Sometimes it hits a little too close.

46
When A Tragedy Hits Home
Wikipedia

Tragedies happen to everyone all around the world, everyday. It's a reoccurring thing that will continue to happen as long as the world continues.

We see it all the time. On the news, through social media, and even in newspapers and magazines.

We're aware of how sad it is. And how sad the people who were effected by the tragedy must be. But there is always a small part of us that thinks "Oh but that will never happen to me."

I used to think that, until recently when it hit a little too close to home.

Within five days into the New Year, three lives were taken from my town way too soon. We are from a very small town, so as you can imagine, everyone knows everyone. We all grew up together, hung out with the same people, and did the same things.

Whether or not you were family or close friends with them, it shook the entire the entire community. It effected everyone in one way or another, simply because it didn't just hit too close to home, it hit home.

You don't ever want to think it'll happen to you or someone you love. But it does, and it happens everyday, and can happen at anytime without warning. With that being said, it put a lot of things into perspective for me.

I stopped being angry about things that were so petty. It's not worth it.

I made sure my close friends and family knew how much I love them. Whether you have one day or 100 years left, there's nothing wrong with telling people you love them.

And lastly, this is a time to come together. There's nothing more powerful or healing than a community like ours, because we have see sadness and tragedy before; and we get one another through it, every single time.

Through this small town we have all built relationships that will last a life time. No matter how long we go without talking, we're always here for one another. It's just what we do.

No matter how old we get, or how far we have traveled to get away from this town and start our own lives, this is home. And it always will be.

Rest In Paradise to Alex, Shae and Ryan.

Tell Ollie we said hi.