The Aloha State: One For The Bucket List

Ever go to Hawaii...Maybe After Reading This You'll Want Too

43
Ariel Sabo

Ever wonder what traveling the "Aloha State" looks like? Some people call it the "Paradise of the Pacific", or the "Islands of Aloha". This summer I will be traveling to Hawaii for the fifth time and for those of you who have not been, I highly suggest going at some point in your life. Maybe now, maybe in ten years or maybe on your honeymoon. In my opinion, Hawaii is the most beautiful, magical and most special place I have ever been to. Here are the top 20 things to do in the "Aloha State".

1. Pearl Harbor

Tripadvisor.com says "One for the bucket list." Located in Honolulu is the Pearl Harbor/ World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument. If you're a history buff and want to learn more about Pearl Harbor, I highly recommend visiting!

2. Snorkeling- People say this is “One activity I must try!” I have yet to try this, but I know this summer, this is a must for something I need to try! What’s better than swimming with fish and other beautiful sea creatures.

3. The Road to Hana- Ever wonder what eating coconut ice cream tastes like? How about watching turtles eat food right at your toes. Ever been in an underwater cave, eaten fresh homemade banana nut bread, and seen colorful tree bark? I would go here again if I could. This was one of my favorite things I have ever done in Hawaii.

4. Luaus- I still remember my first Luau, that was 10 years ago to be exact. Watching a sunset, eating amazing food, watching hula dancers and much more! I hope to go back to one this summer because this was one of my favorite activities! Watch out for those pigs being roasted, though...

5. Surfing- If you have considered places such as Costa Rica or the Jersey Shore to be your favorite place to surf, well wait until you come to the place with the most amazing waves. These are the waves you won’t want to miss out on! On the island of Oahu, these are the biggest and toughest waves to surf.

6. Haleakala National Park- Sunrise, sunset. Waking up at 3 am is definitely worth it. If you're a person afraid of heights then I suggest not doing this activity. Watching the sunrise above the clouds, almost 10,000 feet in the air is something I don't think anyone has ever seen before.

7. Dole Plantation Factory- Ever tried pineapple ice cream? The Dole Plantation Factory is something fun for kids and the family to do on a sunny summer day. There is the "Pineapple Express" for kids to get an entire tour of the factory and information that parents will enjoy learning about. My favorite part was learning about the pineapples and how fresh they are from the Aloha State!

8. Whale Watching- If you’re a person who is very impatient I suggest not going on this tour. Whale Watching was quite boring...until you found a whale, it was something you have never seen before!

9. Helicopter Ride- Ever wanted to see the island from up above? This is the perfect place to see anything and everything from in the sky!

10. Volcanoes- How does touching real volcano lava sound to you... just kidding! Today, you can not touch the lava but you can go into the volcano... trust me, it is an activity you won't want to miss out on!

11. SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding)- SUP is something I am DYING to try this upcoming summer. I am not a fan of the ocean, but SUP is something different for anyone and everyone to try! Now, this looks like tons of fun!

12. Zip Lining- Ever done zip lining while looking over an ocean and over a ton of trees? If you have zip lined through Costa Rica or some other exotic place, well this place will beat them all... Kapalua zip line in Maui Hawaii, is what I did and it was the best zip lining I've ever done. This is something you want to check off your bucket list... trust me! https://www.kapaluaziplines.com/

13. Sunset Cruise- Any sunset cruise must be amazing but the one I went on was like no other... As soon as the boat came up to shore, they told us to take our shoes off and let them stay off for the rest of the time! There's great food, a relaxing time with your family and friends and a beautiful scenery! https://www.sailingmaui.com/ This is the website for more information!

Hope everyone wants to go to the Aloha State just as much as I do right now...