The Crowning of Ian Brown's Top 10 Solo Songs

They don't call him King Monkey for no reason.

527

Some call him King Monkey, others call him a "God-like genius," but his real name is Ian George Brown.

Ian Brown first emerged to the music scene in the 80s with his rock band, The Stone Roses. The Stone Roses dominated the Manchester music scene with their singles such as "I Wanna Be Adored," and "Waterfall." Ever since then Ian Brown was crowned as one of Manchester's most iconic musicians.

In 1998, following the split of The Stone Roses, Ian Brown ventured out on a solo career with the release of his debut album, "Unfinished Monkey Business." His solo career solidified Brown as one of the most remarkable artists.

Here are 10 of Ian Brown's best solo songs:

1. Stellify

'Stellify' is one of Ian Brown's greatest songs. It was originally written for Rihanna, but Brown ended up recording it himself. The upbeat rhythmic piano solidifies this song as one of his best!

2. Corpses In Their Mouths

'Corpses In Their Mouth' comes from Brown's debut solo album. It has a chilling and dark vibe that sets the whole tone for the song.

3. For The Glory

'For The Glory' is one of Brown's most beautiful songs. The lyrics encapsulate what one does when they are deeply in love with someone. It remains one of my personal favorites.

4. Own Brain

'Own Brain' is one of Brown's most upbeat songs! It is one that is sure to get you tapping your feet.

5. Home Is Where The Heart Is

'Home Is Where The Heart Is' is one of the most lyrically beautiful songs Brown has ever written and recorded. It is so touching.

6. Be There

Unkle's collaborations with Brown have always been great, and this one happens to be the greatest!

7. Blue Sky Day

'Blue Sky Day' comes from Brown's most recent solo, Ripples. It is a wonderful song with uplifting vibes that will make you dream of a blue sky day.

8. In The Year 2525

Although this is a cover of a song originally recorded by Zager and Evans, this cover will get you dancing and thinking about the future.

9. Keep What Ya Got

Brown teamed up with music legend and songwriter, Noel Gallagher, for this fantastic tune.

10. F.E.A.R

'F.E.A.R' is one of Brown's most iconic and most well-known songs. What makes it so remarkable is that each one of the lyrics spell out F.E.A.R. Cue the mind blowing!

Has this list got the f.e.a.r?