Hair Do's and Hair Don'ts

You are better than that bad hair day. Stronger than that tangle. And cuter than every cowlick.

Hair Do: Use Product

Some people say product may damage your hair, but it is a risk we have to take. My favorite product to use is "Garnier Fructis Style Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk" which helps when I have too much volume. There is a thing of too much volume. All my thick hair friends, can I get an amen?

Hair Don't: Overheating

Twelve seconds max. No more, no less. Make sure to use your curlers and straighteners sparingly. Your ends will thank me later. We don't need to see smoke to know its working. No matter how hard it is to curl your hair.

Hair Do: Up Dos Are Always a Yes

Twist, twist, and swirl around. Whenever you are not feeling the day, grab a pony-tail holder and used that technique. Twist your hair, until it starts to roll around itself, then tie the band around it. Everyone has those days. (Yes, I did just have a "Hannah Montana" moment)

Hair Don't: Leaving the hair on the back of your head unstraightened. 

I am sorry. I can't. Straighten your whole head. None of this, "just the front," type of thing. No. Just no.

Get a friend, let them straighten the back. If you pull out that straightener, you keep going. All the way. I am putting my foot down on this.

Hair Do: Volume is a good thing. 

Yes, I said it. Volume is a good thing every once in a while. Even for me, a girl with some thick hair. I get it. We all want that straight edged sword hair like Kim Kardashian, but volume is nice to have. After you straightened your hair, grab some volume powder and pour a little in your roots. Plump up your hair just a little bit for that messy straight look for a night out. Notice I said, "After you straighten your hair." All the way. It will give you volume, and make sure that your pictures on Instagram on perfect.