Spring/Summer Trends And How To Incorporate Them Into Your Wardrobe
Beauty Fashion

4 Spring/Summer 2019 Trends And How To Incorporat Them Into Your Wardrobe

Spring is upon us and with it, new and old fashion trends.

62
Photo by nappy from Pexels

Spring is upon us and with it, new and old fashion trends. The thing with fashion trends is that they are not to be taken as a holy grail for style. It is very possible to not wear a single fashion trend and still be a fashion icon in your own right. That being said, here are four of some of the trends for spring/summer 2019.

1. The Fanny Pack

This oldie but goodie is here to stay for the foreseeable future! Fanny packs came back on the fashion scene a year ago and are back again for another season. I especially enjoy this trend because you can dress it up with a more elegant fanny pack or you can dress it down with a more sporty fanny. In addition, you can wear a fanny pack in many different ways. You can wear it like a belt in your jeans or as a belt to synch in an oversized sweater at the waist. You can wear it diagonally across your chest or you can just let it rest loosely around your hips. The choice is yours and the choices are endless.

2. Straw Hats

Straw hats have always floated around every summer, but recently, they are seriously increasing in number. A straw hat is one of those wardrobe items that also possess a functionality aspect to it, in addition to the fashion statement it makes. You can go big with a statement straw hat or you can dial it down wearing one solely for the purpose of sun coverage. The bigger you go, the more annoyed some people might get, but that's really not your problem so go big or go home!

3. '90s Sunglasses

Another trend that is staying one for another spring/summer season is the X-girl sunglasses which were initially very popular in the '90s. It is very interesting to see items that always persisted in most people's wardrobes because of their functionality, but weren't really used as a fashionable piece become a fashion statement in its own right. In addition, sunglasses are getting so small I am not certain they actually shade anyone from the sun anymore, but who cares? If you look chic, what's the harm, am I right?!

4. Transparency

This is something everyone advises to have in your relationships, but now it may just be important to have them in your outfits as well! Anything can be transparent/see-through including shoes, bags, light jackets, skits, tops and more. This trend quickly took the world by storm spring/summer 2018 with transparent bags, but is becoming more incorporated in bags, shoes and light jackets! What is privacy these right?

With all this being said, there are a few things to consider when or if you do choose to partake in a particular trend.

Don't splurge on trends

What I have noticed with trends is that they don't always come back for another season and people tend to get tired of the look quickly. If your goal is to be smart with money and to have a sustainable closet, then trends are not usually worth the splurge.

Try new things

Trends are usually not the backbone of a person's closet or style, but they sure can add some spark/pa-zazz to your style. With fashion, you should periodically step out of your comfort zone, surprising yourself with the new things you fall in love with.

At the end of the day, have fun!

Fashion is not and should not feel like a chore. Don't feel like you have to do anything you don't want to do, wear something you don't have to wear just because it is popular culture. Enjoy each look, enjoy the process behind creating your look!