Top 5 Shows to Watch for Mystery and Suspense

Pick up the TV remote and start a new show that is sure to keep you guessing until the end

27
Amazon Images

I'm always a sucker for a good crime show, romance, murder, scandal, anything that has any of these components and you can find me in front of the TV watching them. These are my Top 10 Shows that I recommend for anyone because they offer something like on screen chemistry that you can spot right from the beginning of the first episode. You're shipping from the very beginning a relationship between two characters and don't care how long it takes them because you know the writers will get it right; except for those few instances where they don't happen and then you hate the writers for what they've done.

So, to begin let us go back in time to the early 2000s with one of my favorite shows:

C.S.I.

Who doesn't love C.S.I.? It's the show that introduced many people to forensics and crime scenes. It also propelled many to want to become a forensic scientist. There was crime and drama and it kept people on the edge of their seats until the last five minutes. It stared some great actors Marg Helgenberger, Jorja Fox, George Eads, William Peterson. It also didn't hurt that all the characters were easy on the eyes and who can forget the couple we all rooted for: GSR. Sara Sidle and Gilbert Grissom. They were the ones we wanted together since the first season and watchers finally got their wish when they got together in Season 5, but never saw until Season 6. And then there were all the complications with being on different continents, being hundreds of thousands of miles apart and then there was the whole serial killer thing, throw in some family issues and basically anyone dying that was remotely close to any of the CSIs. But why am I ruining the entire series for you?

N.C.I.S

NCIS is the show that investigated anything pertaining to the military, army, navy, etc... I was hooked on the show from when I first watched it. I mean who didn't love Leroy Jethro Gibbs and the whole "silver fox" thing and him always sprouting out one of his rules during the episode. Mark Harmon, that's all I'm going to say. Abby was also my favorite character. She wasn't someone you expected, but she fits the mold of the character well. Then there was Tony Dinozzo, the Italian playboy, man child as I like to refer to him as. I mean you got to admit he was. McGee, was the child that you wanted to protect from everything. He's always been adorable in attractive geek way. Then there was Dr. Mallard the resident forensic pathologist. He was the grandfatherly type who always gives off a story that somehow pertained to something involving the crime. That's just a little weird, but it's Ducky and his famous bowties.

Scandal

Shonda Rimes, oh whatever would we do without you. She has made some great shows and personally Scandal is my favorite. Now, if she would just let Olivia and Fitz be together, I could die happy. But, no, she has to make it all so complicated and break the audiences heart over and over again. Olivia Pope is Washington D.C. top fixer and has a successful business catering to the elite. It also doesn't hurt that she got President Fitzgerald Thomas Grant III into office. She then quit and started her own firm. But she's always a phone call away. Did I also mention she was having an affair with the President and it still was going on and continues on throughout the course of the show? Just get it together people. Throw in some double crossing, murder, an affair or two, or three, maybe four. I've honestly lost track, and you have a scandalous show that keeps you guessing. She who wears the white hat.

Pretty Little Liars

Now, that's a show full of twists and turns and it can give anybody a headache. You have Allison, Aria, Spencer, Emily and Hannah. One goes missing, later found dead and then 4 seasons later she's alive. I mean really! What is going on? But Rosewood, Penn. isn't a normal town obviously. There was the whole Aria/Ezra relationship, Spencer/Toby relationship, then all the other love triangles, squares, pentagons. And let's not forget they're trying to figure out who this "A" person is and they're trying to have a normal high school experience. I mean how they managed to keep up with school and grades while tracking down and discover who this crazy stalker person is, it makes me glad that I went to the school I went to.

Criminal Minds

I didn't get into the show until a few years ago, but I love it. Now, though I don't know how to feel because all of the good characters (i.e. Hotch and Morgan) are gone. The show is still great though. I mean you profile people for a living and get your own jet and go all over the country catching criminals and saving those that you can save, wasn't not to enjoy? Well, maybe getting kidnapped, shot at, etc. Still seems like it would be fun.

But am I the only one who notices how the industry is constantly keeping TV shows going by creating spin-offs of them and then as soon as one ends, the spin-offs follow a couple years later. I mean one of the longest running ones was CSI and that just ended, but all the others ended before them and that was kind of sad.