The top 5 books that  I enjoyed this summer
Seasonal

To Read Or Not To Read

That is the question.

209
To Read Or Not To Read
Everypixel.com

Much like most of our generation, I think I stopped reading for fun around 2012 and hadn't picked up a book that was not assigned for school for the last 6 years but this summer I tried to make the effort to stay off of Netflix or any other streaming service and not catch up on any new or old shows and finish some books.

Here are my top 5 of the books that I enjoyed this summer…

1. A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo ( John Oliver - Last Week Tonight) 

I started with this classic by John Oliver from Last Week Tonight, that I bought for shits and giggles because he was selling it just to spite Vice President Mike Pence. But in reality, it is a really cute book that's about a gay rabbit that is trying to get with the love of his life. Plus it has some insanely cute art and was a quick 30-minute read.

2. It (Stephen King) 

Let's dive straight into a horror masterpiece from a wholesome picture book. Full disclosure, I started reading this book last summer and it's almost a 1000 pages and I couldn't finish this book before last school year started, but this year I just grit my teeth and tried to finish it. Not that finishing it was hard, this book is as amazing as it is creepy!!

3. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (J.K. Rowling) 

This is one of my favorite books of all time and my favorite book by far in the harry potter series. It is a great mixture of intrigue and humor. The more I read it the sadder I feel because the movie didn't live up to the expectations that the book had set up for me.

4. Crazy Rich Asians (Kevin Kwan) 

I was really excited to read this book because I was really excited to watch the movie. It had been a really long time since I had read a book before the movie was coming out. So a few weeks before the movie came out, I bought the book and had a great time with it. I really loved both the movie and the book and what makes me even giddier is that this book has sequels and, personally, I can't wait to get my hands on them as well.

5. Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte) 

You know that copy of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse that you bought in 5th grade and still have, no? Just me? Anyway, through it away because Wuthering Heights is what it's all about. I recently found out that Eclipse was based on Wuthering Heights and I attempted to read it. Now Wuthering Heights is one of those books that classify under the "classics" section and I have always hated those because I thought they were boring. But Wuthering Heights is absolutely amazing and just hits you with so many emotions it's unbelievable.

I really had a great time just logging off this summer and getting in touch with the literary geek within me. Maybe take some time and prepare your own reading list for Winter Vacation.