Top 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2017: August to December

The ten most anticipated movies of the second half of the year.

12
pexels

If you're like me, a movie trailer can help you decide what movies you just have to see in the theater, at home, or not at all. That's why it's important for production companies to put out good trailers: they help people to not only get a grasp on what the film is about but also to choose which movies to see over others. The first half of this year has seen some really good and really bad movies, and I'm really excited to see what the second half brings. Here is a list of my Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2017 (for August through December).

10. "It" (Horror/Suspense)

This Stephen King classic has already been adapted into a mini-series a while back, but the remake looks absolutely chilling. It premieres on September 8th.

9. "Thank You For Your Service" (War/Drama)

Anything with Miles Teller involved gets me interested, but this movie looks like it will offer a new take on the War Movie genre, examining the effects of war on the psyche of soldiers. It premieres on October 27th.

8. "Pitch Perfect 3" (Musical/Comedy)

While the first two movies in this trilogy got mixed reviews, I'm excited to see where they're going to take (and hopefully end) the story of the Barden Bellas. It premieres on December 22nd.

7. "Mother!" (Drama/Horror)

The mystery surrounding this new Darren Aronofsky film is enough to pique my interest, and the cryptic trailer and sound bytes have me excited to see what it's all about. It premieres on September 15th.

6. "The Snowman" (Crime/Drama/Horror)

This new murder/horror movie looks chilling (no pun intended), and I can't wait to see Michael Fassbender at work once again. It premieres on October 20th.

5. "Justice League" (Superhero/Action/Fantasy)

As far as cinematic universes go, DC is doing a nice job bringing theirs together. Justice League will feature heroes that have their own stand-alone movies as well as introduce new characters. It premieres on November 17th.

4. "Patti Cake$" (Drama)

I only recently saw the trailer for this new independent film, and I'm extremely excited to see it. The story seems fresh and interesting, and there were bits of brilliant writing and directing glimpsed in the trailer. It premieres on August 18th.

3. "The Shape of Water" (Fantasy/Romance)

Guillermo del Toro's newest film looks breathtaking. Even the trailer gave me all the feels, so I can't imagine what the actual movie will do. The trailer is strange, eccentric, and quirky. It premieres on December 8th.

2. "Murder on the Orient Express" (Mystery/Drama)

I'm a sucker for book adaptations, so when I heard this movie was based on a book, I knew I had to both read and see it. The trailer itself is packed with suspense and mystery. It premieres November 10th.

1. "The Glass Castle" (Drama)

I am most excited for this movie. It stars two of my favorite actors (Woody Harrelson and Brie Larson) and is also an excellent memoir that I have read. It premieres August 11th.