TomorrowWorld 2014 Wrap Up

TomorrowWorld 2014 Wrap Up

A weekend full of costumes, lights, and EDM.

8
TomorrowWorld 2014 Wrap Up

This weekend, on the campgrounds where Counterpoint Festival used to be held in Atlanta, a wild EDM festival went down. Three days and four nights of electronic insanity occurred, and I'm here to give you a wrap of everything that happened.  

Day one (Thursday) was low-key as those who had three-day passes began to show up to set up their campsites in Dreamville, preparing for the big opening day on Friday.  

Friday began with a few smaller acts, and by the early afternoon artists like Cazzette and Matt Zo took the main stage. By the time the sun was down and the light show took over the night sky, A-Trak and Nicky Romero began the long list of A-list electronic performers on that night as well as the rest of the weekend. To close out Friday night, Tiesto and Bassnectar, two high profile names, finished day one in style.

Day two was highlighted by the Mad Decent Stage, for artist's signed to Diplo's Mad Decent Record Company where Diplo also performed at the end of the night. And at the main stage, big acts like Steve Aoki, Dmitri Vegas and Skrillex held the spotlight. While it may all sound the same to someone who doesn't listen to house, EDM, dubstep, or trance, TomorrowWorld and their five stages really showcase all of the different genres of electronic/dance music.  

As Day three rolled around, after two days of great acts, it would seem like there would be no way for Sunday to even compare.  But with the acts lined up for Sunday, day three would have no issue holding its own.  Between upcoming artists like The Chainsmokers and Keys N' Krates, and veterans like Martin Garrix, David Guetta & Kaskade, there was plenty to hear and see on the final evening of the festival.  

Overall, whether you listen to electronic music or not, TomorrowWorld was a spectacle that no one should miss.  Even if you don't like the music, the experience and the people watching alone could keep one entertained, maybe not for a whole weekend but at least for a whole day. 

The stages, lights and fireworks also are something worth seeing. If you're looking for a life experience that you will never be able to duplicate, this is the one for you. As TomorrowWorld's motto says, "Today is a gift" and as I will reiterate, being a part of this festival is a gift as well. LSU is on the horizon and you all better be ready to kick those Tigers back to Baton Rouge.