To Those Who Know Wanderlust

To Those Who Know Wanderlust

For the generation that loves to travel, try "wanderLOVE."

71
To Those Who Know Wanderlust
HeartofaVagabond.com

Wander.

Dictionary.com defines wander as "to travel about." Almost everywhere we look on social media in today's society, we see some form of the word wander. Whether that be "wanderlust," "wanderlove," or just plain wander, the sense of traveling the world has taken over.

We all know that wanderlust is the sense of wanting to travel the world and wanting to see nearly everything. However, wanderlove is exactly the opposite. I read an article awhile ago (I would attach it, but I couldn't find it again) focusing on wanderlove instead of wanderlust.

Wanderlove is about exploring your own city/state/country and being content with where you're at. That article was saying how we need to focus on wanderLOVING instead of wanderLUSTING. While exploring your own city is important, people also need to push out of their comfort zones.

Happiness generally doesn't come from being content with your life. It comes from taking chances and having experiences you never thought you could have. Traveling can literally open a new world for you and show you who you really are as a person. While abroad, you'll become a better version of yourself and learn more about your likes and dislikes. You'll meet new people who change your viewpoints and bring back stories that you'll tell your grandchildren one day. Who knows, you might even end up moving there because you like it so much.

Being happy with where you're living is important, and exploring your city is a big part of that. But traveling outside of your home country is equally as important. There's nothing that can beat seeing famous landmarks up close and personal and exploring them. It's a type of high that everyone should experience. Everyone should feel that way at least once in their life because it's the best feeling.

All in all, exploring and traveling in general is a once in a lifetime experience that can change your life. Implementing "wanderlust" and "wanderlove" into your life can bring you out of that funk you're in and give you experiences you'll never forget. I hope if you get the chance to do so, go on an adventure. Travel as much as you can while you can. Go to those places that no one has ever heard of before. Because those will be your best stories and memories. Guaranteed.