To Those Who Believe In Donald Trump
Politics

To Those Who Believe In Donald Trump

I envy you.

14
To Those Who Believe In Donald Trump
The Chicago Tribune

To those who believe in Donald Trump,

I envy you. I envy your ignorance towards the problems of today's society. Because as they say, ignorance is bliss.

I envy you because you obviously cannot see the hatred and the injustice in the world. You cannot see the pain that men like him cause. You cannot see people's freedoms being slowly taken away. Freedoms that Americans have fought for, that they have died for, day after day after day. You cannot see how this man has the power to set us back for decades to come. You cannot see what you have done.

Blindness is something that I am not accustomed to. My eyes were meant to see. Please understand that I am not trying to berate you. I'm just trying to see the things you see. My God, how can you sit there while your fellow Americans shiver in fear? How can you look them in the face and tell them that you are glad that they are scared?

For a country made of immigrants, so many of us ignore our roots. In favor of white nationalism, and I envy you. I envy how you are comfortable in your own skin. I envy your race, your sexuality, your financial stability. Your talent for ignoring your privilege while I am forced to acknowledge my lack of it.

I am jealous of you, it's true, for I am filled with anxiousness. While you look forward to the next four years, I prepare myself to clean up the mess. To know that there are those who would rather see you dead than be who you are is a reality that you don't have to face. When I am feeling weak and hopeless, I wish to take your place. You don't have to work harder to earn as much as everyone else. You don't hear people threaten you in public when all you're trying to do is better yourself. If I could be as selfish as you seem to be, what would the world think of me? Would I care, if I were a part of a group that ignored every opinion but theirs?

These glasses that you seem to be wearing, they cause tunnel vision. While people protest for what they believe in, you fail to see what they envision. If an event is so drastic that people take to the streets, historically speaking, that means that there are some changes that we need. When the Woman's March on Washington has more participating than a president's inauguration, there's a problem. The brave men and women who are marching are doing their best to solve it.

Trump supporters, don't you care about future generations? About how they will look at you? Which side of history will you be on? The one who helped us win, or the one who made us lose?