To The Professor Who Fails To Teach

To The Professor Who Fails To Teach

Yes, I read the syllabus.

61
To The Professor Who Fails To Teach
Unsplash

Dear 'Professor,'

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to read my email. I hope you might even reply this time instead of leaving my questions unanswered. I've only done this assignment a handful of times trying to understand why you keep marking my answers wrong; you don't leave comments so I never know what I am doing wrong. Yes, I read the syllabus. No, the textbook does not have the answer to this question in it. You put more powerpoints up for the week, halfway through the week and now that information is included in our weekly quiz? How am I supposed to remember all of this and take the quiz on the Lockdown Browser?

Oh, and don't let me forget that discussion: Post initially by Wednesday, and respond to two other classmates on two separate days, but also by Saturday. There is so much information, I won't remember any of it past the cumulative tests you give every three weeks. Now I'm sitting here, with the withdrawal page open; debating whether I should or should not withdraw because I need this class for my major. Now I'm emotional because maybe I'm not cut out for my career path if I'm getting overloaded by one class imparticular. How can you expect the textbook to teach us everything we need to know when you grade us on websites, powerpoints, and textbook information? I just don't understand. Please don't take a week to answer my email.

Dear 'Professor,'

It's been a few weeks, and I'm still getting answers wrong that I can prove to be true, with the textbook. The one thing that seems to be consistent is that I need this textbook; it's the only thing that is teaching me anything. I am basically teaching myself at this point. Hand over that damn doctorate degree because man I'm giving myself my education here. I wish I didn't need this damn class or this stupid textbook.

Dear 'Professor,'

I don't need this class this semester. I'll find a professor who can teach me better than just giving me the textbook and letting me run free. I understand letting us adults teach us may work for some classes, but it does not work for everyone; communication is key and considering we have no communication, I am withdrawing your class. Good luck to you, 'Professor.'