To The Girl Who’s Lost Passion For Her Sorority

Remember why you fell in love with it in the first place.

7

I know it’s been tough lately. Between school, work and every other commitment you have, sorority seems like something you should put on the back burner. It seems like another chore on your never ending To-Do List. I know it’s hard to get yourself to go to meetings, philanthropy events and sisterhood activities. For whatever reason, you’ve started to feel exhausted, left out and frustrated with your organization. You’re wondering what you’re even doing here anymore. You’re wondering if it really matters.

This is your reminder that it does.

This is your reminder that the negativity and conflict will pass. Your feelings are valid and important. You are cared for and loved even if you’ve felt the opposite lately. Even though lately you’ve felt left behind and unimportant, I want so badly for you to know that you are important. This is your reminder that you are in your sorority for a reason. You add something to your group of sisters that no one else can. Your ideas, gifts and creativity matter even if you haven’t been told lately. The work you’ve put in matters. You’ve made a difference in the lives of your sisters. If you weren’t here, nothing would be the same. You are cared for and you we’re chosen to be here. You have a special place in your sorority. Never forget that.

Whenever you feel like giving up, forget about the negative and focus on the positive. Think about all the times your sisters made you laugh until you cried. Think about the philanthropy events where you got to get your hands dirty and really help others. Think of the late night conversations you’ve had with your sisters talking about your hopes and dreams. Think of all the times they’ve helped you and all the times you’ve helped them. Remember running out on Bid Day to your new home and how excited all of your brand new sisters were to have you. Remember getting your Big and how excited you were. All of these things are the reason you fell in love with sorority life.

You know better than anyone that sorority life is not about going out to parties, dressing cute and getting wasted. You know sorority life is better than the stereotype. You know that it is about an unbreakable bond between sisters working toward the same goal. So please do not lose your passion for it. Focus on the good and let go of the bad. Be open and honest with your sisters. They are there for you. You all chose your sorority because you all believed in the values it stood for. Don’t forget about those. Think of your founders who created your organization, who carefully wrote out every ritual because it truly meant that much to them. Let it mean that much to you again. Remember why you chose to join and I promise you will feel that passion once again. Don’t give up. Things may not be perfect right now but you were meant to do amazing things for your sorority. Don’t lose the spark.