To The Girl Who Is Struggling

To The Girl Who Is Struggling, I Promise This Won't Last Forever

Just because life can knock you down doesn't mean you have to stay there.

2831

Let's face it, in today's society, being a female is just hard. There are so many expectations for us, but there are limits to those expectations. We can be proud of ourselves, but not too proud because then we are cocky. We can't be too good at something because we're just females. In a time where women are truly impacting society and our growth as women, we live in a time where people still try and hold us back. So, if you're a girl like me, and you're just struggling...struggling in yourself, struggling in confidence, struggling in acceptance, or struggling with the everyday troubles of this whirlwind of a life...I have a few bits of advice that I've learned to believe.

To start I want to tell you, you are not alone. You are strong. You are capable. You are worthy. You are more than every negative that your mind and heart tell you. You are every other compliment that anyone else has ever told you. You are in control of your potential, and in control of your own motivation. Choose to believe you can do anything.

You are only as good as your mindset. You must first fall in love with what makes you, you.

When you do that, then you will be able to accept what others tell you. Today, it's hard to be proud of who you are or what your ability of something this. Please, be proud of your accomplishments, and what you can do!! If you are the best at something OWN THAT!! You have a right to have pride in what you can offer. When people compliment you, thank them and take it to hear. You should feel proud because someone else has noticed how good you are. Tell yourself that what is meant to be, will be. The big man upstairs has GREAT things planned for you, trust the process and know it will be OK.

I see you. I see your heart. I see how selfless you are. I see you give people 10x more than what they deserve. I see you smile, knowing that on the insides you're tired. I see you pretending that you're not being held together by what feels like a piece of tape filled with lint and debris. I see you yearning for the fulfillment of that empty space in your heart.

I see you so well...because I am you. I can't tell you much advice on this because I still doubt my worth, my potential and some days my intuition is absent. BUT I can tell you, it's OK to acknowledge that you are all those things I just said, and to admit when you need a break. You must find the positives in every day, that way, when you admit you need a break, it doesn't break you. Find your people and find yourself. Every day I remind myself that this path is not in my control. I remind myself that if I'm doing what I know myself needs, I'm doing my best.

I've surrounded myself with people who I know will answer my call every time my face pops up on their screen. Who I know will drive with me in silence, because the right words can't be found. Who I know will be there regardless of the time spent in between our last calls, or our last visits. Who I know will understand that the statement "Do you want a bundt cake?" or the request to "treat ourselves" is much deeper than the want of a sweet treat, and more of a shoulder to cry on.

My people see through my hard walls, and my tough shell. Find your people who do this, and it will get easier.

If you what I have just told you spoke to you, struck you, or made you think...I want you to remember something. You have control over your emotions, your feelings, and your reactions. You set the tone for your day the moment your feet hit the floor and you open your eyes — make sure it's a tone worth sharing. If it's not, change it.