To The Boy Who Broke Me

To The Boy Who Broke Me

You think you've won, but you only helped me to find where I truly belong.

10
To The Boy Who Broke Me
Eliza Sawyers

At one point in time, you were everything I ever wanted. Or so I thought.

I trusted you, loved you, gave you every piece of me in exchange for one thing: to be loved and accepted. But it wasn't enough for you. You thought you could hurt me with your words and actions, keep me from my friends and family, and keep me from following my dreams. But boy were you wrong.

You broke my heart, my soul, my aspirations. You put your hands on me, pressured me, made me feel worthless. You took every ounce of happiness and love I gave you and threw it away.

Everyone thought we were the perfect couple, but it was a much different story behind closed doors.

You leaving me was the best thing you could have ever done for me. I hit rock bottom and was forced to begin a journey that would result in me finding myself. For the first time in life, I've been able to see who I actually am, especially who I am without you.

I can finally see my friends without asking permission. I can either stay in for the night or go out and have a good time without seeking your approval. I can finally put my own needs and wants as my first priority.

As horrible as you may have treated me, I want to say thank you. You have taught me what to look for in a person, partner, or friend. You have taught me that not everyone in the world is kind and compassionate. You have shown me that sometimes giving somebody everything you have to give just isn't enough.

Because of you, I realized that I needed to find someone who would care for me the way I care for them. I needed someone who would love me, even with my depression and anxiety. Someone who would tell me I'm beautiful at any time of the day, not just when I look my best. Someone who accepts my clumsy self and gives forgiveness. Someone who wants to travel the world with me. Someone who will accompany me on adventures. Someone who will stick with me through the hard times. Someone who will respect and appreciate me.

I've been blessed and have finally found a man who will do all of these things. He is putting back together the pieces of me that you have scattered and thrown to the ground. Thank you for showing me exactly what I needed. I couldn't be happier with anyone else.