I'm so lucky to have friends like you: Thank you.

To The Friends I Cherish The Most, Thank You

Because you literally show up outside of my house and call me outside, just to give me a muffin and ask me how I am: thank you.

137

Let's talk about friends for a second.

You know those friends that you always hear about in the movies or read about in books and stuff? You know, the ones that pick you up out of nowhere just to hang out and who make spontaneous trips to the beach and different cities and whatnot?

I honestly didn't think those friends existed, but they do, and they're absolutely the best people I could've ever hoped to be friends with.

Summer's always a bit difficult for me, especially in the beginning. After a stressful semester in a college that's seven or eight hours away from my hometown and my home friends, it's always a bit disorienting to come back home.

After an entire school year with different people, it's nice to come back to friends that I've known since childhood and have grown up with; to me, it feels like love and home at the same time.

I'm not sure if you know this, but our times together are always my favorite part of summer; regardless of what we do, being together is always big enough to make my day happier.

Every time we're together, we do so many interesting and fun things! From our Just Dance parties, browsing around Target, to even sitting down with fast food in the parking lot and talking for hours is enough to make any sad person happy again.

You all make me feel grateful for the times that I have at home and remind me to always keep my head held high no matter what the obstacle is.

You understand where I come from and the struggles that we all mutually have, but the most beautiful part of it all is that there's no judgment in terms of who we are and what we want to achieve in life.

You bring me back to the real world and remind me that being a kid, even though I'm 21, isn't a bad thing!

We're all allowed to be children and enjoy our lives; there are too many ugly things out there for us not to enjoy ourselves to the fullest.

All of you are wonderful, beautiful people who I have high hopes for in the future. I have no doubt that you will all do amazing things in life and find happiness wherever you go! We might all be a little bit different, but at the end of the day, all that matters is that we'll still always be there for each other.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for being an important part of my life; here's to many more years full of friendship and laughter.