To My Old Self

To My Old Self

And yes, I (we) have a "Legend of Zelda" tattoo.

14
To My Old Self
Tumblr

Hello Little One,

I can't believe you're now 12! How is Middle School? Seventh grade's going to rock. I know you will make many friends this year (and a few are going to stick around for a lifetime). Keep Gabby and Dylan close, they're my (our) best friends. No need to sweat it about the others, because once college rolls around you (we) won't be seeing any of them, but that's way ahead. Let's talk about you (us) more. I heard that English teacher is being really nasty this year. Remember when she tried to run us over in the parking lot? Mom didn't like that. The teacher won't be around much longer though, I think she retired. That reminds me! I can't wait for you to be in eighth grade. A wonderful women is going to walk into your life and change it forever. Please, treat her sweetly. The class didn't really like her from what I can remember.

It was because she was really old and also retiring, (I mean I'm 19 now, so I'm pretty old). This women we will address as Ms. Sholar. Ms. Scholar was the one who helped me (us) figure out what my (our) college major was going to be. I'm (we are) a literature major focusing in creative writing. The book I'm (we) are working on has been a huge project and I cannot thank her enough for starting it. She gave me (us) the best advice and deeply aided in my (our) progression through eighth grade and preparing for high school. Eighth grade is going to be a roller coaster for you, please take a seat and buckle your seatbelt tightly.

Don't worry about all the boys that are going to come in and out of your life at this time. None of them are relevant and no one cares about the amount of kids you've (we) kissed back then. Even that one boy—you know exactly who I'm talking about. He's bad news just like everyone said. I know you hate drugs and alcohol, and this kid is swimming in that stuff now. Forget about him now, it will save you (us) later on in life. What you need to worry about is school. I (you) didn't realize that until sophomore year, which made it difficult to find my (our) niche. Just keep reading and writing, that's all I want of you. I want all of your (our) dreams to come true.

Little cherub, as of now, all of them are coming true. Remember how you (we) never had a relationship with our father? Well now we are best friends. He's an amazing Dad and he is going to help you (us) through many, many mistakes. As for your (our) Mom, sadly isn't a big part of your (our) life anymore. I won't get into that since I know it's going to hurt you (us) in the long run. As for the puppies, Jake isn't around anymore. He fought a long battle with cancer, but he's up in the sky running with the McLoughlin's dogs. Kong's still around though. He's become a naked mole rat: no hair, no teeth. Also, I (we) have multiple fish and a hamster now. A real hamster! Told you, Dad's going to become your best friend.

He also lifted my (our) curfew recently, and I get to come home whenever. It comes in handy when I want to hang out with some new friends. Mike is one of my (our) newest best friends. I met him in Red Bank, worked at Food Town with him, and now he comes over at least once a week. It's great. Gabby also comes around a lot. We rekindled a strong friendship. My (our) life takes a huge turn around for the better after my (our) first year in college.

So for now, as you sit in your bed room playing "Sims" know that your future self is rooting for you. I know you can carry on! Trust me! Things will lighten up soon, (I mean, I am the future you). No need to cry anymore about your hair not being so straight, I (we) actually started to like it curly. My (our) wardrobe is teeming with cute clothing and jeans finally fit right. This is all in your hands now, and I need you to be the strongest you can be.

Good Luck Darling,

Ps: You (we) meet Gerard Way in 2015.