To my Expecting Wife

To My Expecting Wife, I Have The Utmost Respect For You And Don't Know How You Do It

From a husband and dad.

21
Image by Nikola Filipová from Pixabay

I just want you to know that I see you. I see your body changing again. I see how uncomfortable you are and how tired you are getting. I hear you complain and mention that certain parts of your body ache and I can tell that you are being filled with so many different emotions that it is hard to just relax and enjoy this pregnancy.

I want you to know that you are doing everything right. I cannot imagine the pressure on you and countless other mothers-to-be. You do this and that and you have to look a certain way. His diaper bag has to be packed full to the brim, you have to be on time and have to have your hair and makeup done, with a load in the washer and bleach on the sink. You have to pin recipes and crafts, be mindful of what you say, and wait around for a husband who is working more than he is home. You have to drink your coffee while you do your morning devotional and pray as the sun rises.

I want you to know that I see the pressures and images put on you, as a mother and wife, and that it stresses me out.

I don't know how you do what you do. I don't know how any mother does what she does. This not only gives me respect for you but respect for my own mother. I look at her a different way.

And how I wish I could take away your pain and struggles away. But, I can't.

I'm just thankful you are willing to make these sacrifices for our family, for our children.

I'm thankful for those tears, those tears for uncomfortable-ness or pain right now, those tears when you give birth to our child, those tears when they no longer need a onesie, bottle, or blanket, those tears when they act like they don't need you, and those tears when one day they leave.

I'm thankful for those tears because those tears mean your sacrifices and love were so worth it.

Thank you for all you do.

I love you and our family with all my heart.