A Letter To My College Best Friends

A Letter To My College Best Friends

Our friendships were unexpected, but now we’ve become a family.

17
A Letter To My College Best Friends
Abigail Willingham

To “Squad,”

We’re all five separate people from five different cities in two different states. What brought us together? Our university. Without our school, we probably never would’ve even met and would have completely different lives. We’ve only been an established group since the middle of the Fall 2015 semester, but we’ve grown so close in the short amount of time. I’m forever thankful for all of y’all. We’ve seen each other through relationship drama, breakups, the stress of college, inner-squad problems and all the way to eventually seeing each other graduate. We’ve faced the many tests of friendships in this short year and survived it all. We truly are the best of friends, and I couldn’t be more thankful for you all. I’m especially grateful for the group message blowing up my phone almost 24/7 during our dreaded summer apart.

Thank you for being my go-to lunch dates for Mexican food, never saying no to a late-night McDonald’s run and always being down for a late-night drive (even if we get stuck in the mud). Thank you for staying up late with me studying during finals week and keeping me motivated. Thank you for endless entertainment in our group message and for not judging my love for Turtle Day or llamas. Thank you for supporting me in all of my decisions (even if you think some are dumb). Thank you for being by my side through my first date and even my first breakup. Thank you for helping me decode texts from boys because I get a little too risky and don’t know how to respond. Thank you for never judging me for the large amounts of food I eat in one sitting. Thank you for sharing as much love for Dr. Pepper and sweet tea as I do. Thank you for absolutely everything you do and being the absolute greatest!

Without y’all, I don’t think I would ever be able to make it through this roller coaster of life. We may have found each other late in life, but I’m sure glad we did. I know that y’all will be my forever friends and my second family! We may want to throat punch each other at times, but it’s all out of love, and we never actually mean it. That’s just what happens when you put together five people who are undeniably sarcastic and sassy. I can’t wait to see where we all go in life, and hopefully be right by each other’s side until the very end. Hopefully, our spouses will love all of us together as much as we do (like they will have a choice).

I’m forever blessed that God put such wonderful friends like y’all in my life! I can’t wait to cause even more trouble with y’all once we all reunite on campus. What am I even going to do with myself after I graduate? Annoy y’all with constant texts and phone calls, of course. Not only are you losers my college best friends, but you are my very best friends in life. I love you all so much!

Love,

Your friend