To My College Besties, Thank You For Always Being There For Me

To My College Friends, Thank You For Always Being There For Me

These people make life so much fun.

1079
Emily Huckabee

To My College Besties,

I can remember the first time I stepped foot on campus and immediately started wondering how in the world I was going to make friends in a sea on 30,000 other students. I didn't know where to even begin. Just like any other college freshman, I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to find MY people. That close group of people that you always see on movies that share pants or something like that. For me, college was a fresh start. I knew I wouldn't be able to stay in my comfort zone if I wanted to branch out and make new friends.

But I did find my people. Oh, so many people that I can't even begin to imagine not being in my life. From sorority sisters to coworkers and even to friends that I made in class. You have all impacted my life so beautifully and this letter is to all of you. I love each and every one of you, and I know that life would be so dull without y'all in it.

So many times in the past year, I was an emotional mess. No matter how many times I fell apart, y'all were always there to pick me up and hold me together ever time. Sometimes it was just giving me advice and telling me that everything happened for a reason. And other times it meant staying in and binge-watching Netflix. No matter what, you guys did your best to be there for me no matter what.

Y'all were always there to give me advice whenever I didn't know what to do. I don't think I made a single decision without running it by you guys first. You knew me well enough to know what was best for me and what was not. You helped lead me down the right path and gave me the strength and courage to do things that I never could've imagined were possible.

Self-confidence is always hard to come by. Y'all are always the first to shoot out compliments and boost up my confidence no matter what. When I'm stressed out about school or just life you know just what to say to make me feel like it is all going to be OK. And whenever I get my heart broken, you always tell me how I'm too good for him anyway and that I deserve better. So thank you for raising me up whenever I feel down.

I am known to make the most annoying "dad" jokes. But, thank you for always finding them funny and making me feel like I could be the next famous stand-up comedian. You don't know how good it makes me feel to be able to put a smile on the faces of people around me.

Thank you for never judging me. No matter what it is that I am going through y'all are right there with me. You never make me feel bad for anything that I do and always support me through the decisions that I make. I can honestly say that I was so blessed to have friends that uplift me instead of tear me down.

Last but not least, THANK YOU for being you and for choosing to accept me for who I am. Without y'all, I would not be the person I am today. I cannot wait to see how our friendships will grow, and I am so excited to start making many more amazing memories through the seasons of our lives. I know that we will be friends for a very, very long time.