To My Best Friend's Big

To My Best Friend's Big

She deserves the best, and I know you'll give that to her.

28
To My Best Friend's Big
Aldridge

To My Best Friend's Big,

I want to start off by saying that you are incredibly lucky to have my best friend in your sorority. I'm sure you already know that because I can imagine how thrilled you were to hear she'd accepted her bid and would soon be running home to you and your sisters. And because she chose you, I know you must be an amazing group of women. My best friend is amazing, and I know she would never settle or lose sight of any of her beliefs. Since I'm miles away, in another state, I only know what she's told me. I know that recruitment may not have always been easy for her, but I also know that she believes it was worth it. I hope that she always believes it's worth it because she deserves a sisterhood that will love her as much as I love her.

I'm not sure how well you know her yet, but I hope you'll take the time to understand how special she is. She is insanely smart and driven. She keeps her head up, no matter the trials she goes through. And when she finds something that she wants, I've seen her go to some incredible lengths to get it. I admire her greatly, and I wish I wasn't as separated from her as I am.

I want you to take the time to see just how crazy she can get when she hasn't slept much. You should try keeping her up all night long - you'll learn more about her in the wee hours of the morning than you ever would during the day. Then take her out to get coffee and watch her spend the rest of the day in a caffeine-induced trance.

I want you to see her love for animals firsthand. Whether it's an animal shelter, or online, she'll squeal at the babies and beg to adopt them, even when she has nowhere to keep them. If you have a pet, you'd better bet that she'll spend hours loving on it, even if it doesn't always love her back.

My best friend deserves to be spoiled, and I expect that you'll give her everything she wants. I mean, isn't that what Bigs are for? She deserves to be decorated in canvases, t-shirts and anything else that goes along with your sorority’s theme. It doesn't have to be expensive stuff, she'll love anything homemade from you. We've given many homemade gifts over the years because that's the best way to personalize something.

I know that she'll soon make new friends, ones that I may never get to meet, but I'll hear about. She'll go to parties with girls in her pledge class, and she'll go on dates with boys in her classes. I hope you'll be able to be there for her if her heart gets broke. Bring her the ice cream she craves and order the pizza that will make you both feel bloated in the morning. Share your Netflix account and put on some of the classics to watch all night long. I'll always be a phone call away, but I know that's different than being by her side.

Most importantly, I can't wait to meet you. If you were graced with the title of my best friend's big, then I know that you are incredibly special. I know you're special to her, and that's all that matters to me.

Love,

Your Little’s Best Friend