To My Best Friend On His 19th Birthday

To My Best Friend On His 19th Birthday

"Go best friend, that's my best friend."

45
To My Best Friend On His 19th Birthday
My Picture

Of course I have to do the most extra thing I could possibly think of for my best friend's birthday. I couldn't just post a cute little Flipagram on Facebook or Insta...no, I have to put this in writing #SorryNotSorry.

For those who don't know the story, here's how all this began.

Before I started high school, my mom thought it was a good idea to socially stunt me for the rest of my teenage life and send me to an early college (kind of kidding, but not really). For realz though, it ended up being a decent experience (until the end, but that's a story for another day) with awesome friends, but I digress. So, throwback to freshman year, there was this kid who always loved to wear bow ties and had a singing voice that could make angels cry. He was so nice that everyone instantly loved him. However, I was a *cough* *cough* slightly *cough* annoying smart-aleck so...jump to junior year. The extent of my relationship with this dude so far is arguing all the time in Spanish and me pointing out that I was always better than him (which I am, but that's beside the point). I was the Mindy Crenshaw to his Josh Nichols (I've been on a Drake and Josh kick lately). Except we didn't date, don't get that twisted, y'all.

Anyway, so it happened like this. We realized that we had literally 145649 extra-curricular activities together that required us to spend immense amounts of time together and BOOM. Best friends from then on. So, let's jump to now. Sorry for the long back story, but this dude is like crazy special and I gots to give him props. Here are ten reasons as to why you should get to know this guy.

1. He doesn't have a bad thing to say about anyone.

I literally have no clue how he has enough patience to be nice to everyone. It's sickening.

2. He's extremely easy to talk to.

Because of the psych minor that he's always bragging about, of course, he uses his godlike patience and A1 listening skills to be the ultimate sounding board.

3. He can't say no to anyone.

It's actually really funny to ask him to do something he doesn't want to do. It looks like he's having a stroke or something. He got talked into a 12-hour shift at his job. Who does that?

4. He's the funniest dude ever.

THIS IS ME WHEN HE OPENS HIS MOUTH. THERE IS LITERALLY NO ONE THAT COMPARES TO HIS HUMOR LIKE IT'S RIDICULOUS.

5. He's fresh to death.

I mean, he has to in order to be friends with me, so...

6. He stays updated with the latest memes.

An essential skill in this day and age. He's constantly DM-ing me the latest and greatest.

7. He is a meme.

What more is there to say?

8. He's crazy talented .

Remember when I said that he had an amazing voice? That definitely wasn't a lie. Check out his YouTube channel (don't think this is free advertisement...he owe me *inserts serious face*).

9. He's a STEM major.

*insert DJ Khaled voice* WE DA BEST!

For all you people that might wanna holla, he's on his way to making that money, so snatch him up early.

10. He's my best friend.

Excuse his derp face, but I'm still cute though. There are only a few people that I feel deserve the world and you're one of them. You can always count on me to support whatever you've got going on and I'm always going to be here...at NC State...struggling my life away (I can only take so much mushy stuff). Anyways...

Considering this article is relevant to about ten people, I'll wrap it up here. Jack Christoper Calhoun V, happy birthday. Thanks for all the memories.

P.S. This is part of your present and I feel as though the time I spent on this is just as good as money, so don't expect much else *insert kissing emoji*