To My Best Friend On Her 21st Birthday

To My Best Friend On Her 21st Birthday

"Things are never quite as scary when you have a best friend." Bill Watterson

56
To My Best Friend On Her 21st Birthday

Sami,

I still remember the day we first met each other. We both were little middle schoolers auditioning for our school play. I remember people walking up to me and saying "this is Sami." I didn't think much of it though. I was shy and I felt like I should have been intimidated by you since technically you were my competition but, for some reason I wasn't.

You were so outgoing and so sweet. I think you and I can both agree you were loud and spoke your mind, which I still admire today. Our friendship might not have made sense to some people but I would have to disagree with them. I cherish our middle school memories all the time. From us doing plays together, clubs, track, the list can go on and on. I remember how much you hated running and left me to run track alone but no matter what you would come and cheer me on.

When I lost my mom you were right there by my side telling me I would get through this. I knew I had you to go to and that didn't stop when we entered high school. Our high school adventures were nothing but crazy. Throughout high school, you were the first person I would go to for boy problems, school issues, and everything under the sun. You always told me what I needed to hear and not what I wanted to hear. I will never not laugh at the fact that you had the same driving instructor I did for my 6 hours. And when he asked you if you knew me he then he asked you if my driving got any better. We all knew I wasn't the best driver but you would still get in the car with me. That's true friendship.

In all seriousness, our friendship is something I cherish so much. Your life hasn't always been easy but no matter the situation you always come out with your head held high. Your strength will always continue to inspire me. You have the biggest heart for the people you love and I am glad that hasn't changed.

I can't express enough how proud I am of everything you're doing and going to do. You are going to be the most amazing teacher and I cannot wait to see you accomplish your dreams. I will always be cheering you on no matter what. I'm so thankful I have had you has a best friend through middle school to now. Thank you for being my forever friend and my future maid of honor. Happy 21st Birthday. I wish you nothing but happiness because you deserve it.

Love,

Lianna