To 20-year-olds Who Don't Have Their Life Together

Welcome to the club

210

Some people have their life together and some people know EXACTLY what they want to do with the rest of their life. Some of us don't whether we are in college for a major, we aren't sure what to do with yet or currently working a job we don't really want to stick with. So here is something for those people who are in their 20's who don't have all the answers yet to relate to.

We have started dreading small talk questions

The family gatherings or really any gathering usually comes with questions you don't fully know the answer to. "What are you doing after college?" "What do you want to go into with your major?" Some people may have a good answer to this but some of us don't. It makes it awkward to say "I don't know" and then you are looked at like you are wasting your whole existence...but it's fine. You will eventually have the answer so don't worry if you don't, because not everyone needs to have their life planned down to a T.

We still have our teenage self in us

Tenor

Although you are an adult and have responsibilities, apart of you still acts like a teenager especially when you are hanging out with your friends. Some people in the 20s still enjoy Disney and talk about TV show characters like they know them personally. That's okay! There is not only one set rule about being adult and becoming an adult only means you need to be responsible, it doesn't mean you can't have fun.

We still go out and regret our decisions in the morning

Speaking of having fun, you are young, wild and free like the song which means you still want to go out to the bars with your friends. You might regret drinking so much in the morning but thats okay, we all do it. Again, just because you became an adult doesn't mean you can't have a fun night with your friends. Just remember to make it to school or work in the morning if you have it.

We are kind of broke

We are either still finishing college, just out of college, or started with a job. So, most of us really don't have that much money. We have barely enough to get by and that's okay. Just start learning to save what you have and hopefully eventually you will be in a comfortable spot.

We have not found our soulmate

A lot of us in our 20s are single and aren't so good at dating or getting ourselves out there. Some of us are just too independent to let someone change our plans which is okay because you are young and will find that someone when you are ready.

Sometimes not having our future planned out does bother us

Tenor

All jokes aside, sometimes the fact that we don't have all the answers worries us. We may have break downs due to stress and the fear of the unknown. This is okay, it happens to just about everyone. You'll figure things out and although it's easier said than done, don't worry about the future.

We still don't know how to focus on ourselves

Some of us may still not know everything about ourselves but that is partially because we find it easier to take care of others rather than ourselves. Even in college when we are by ourselves we still find ways to focus on other things like fitting in certain groups or focusing on friends problems rather than our own. It is important to find yourself and focus on yourself. Do something you have been wanting to do but something always gotten in the way. It is good to have a heart that cares for others but you can't forget to care about yourself too.

It is okay not to have all the answers and it is okay to still feel like a mess. You will get there on your own time because everyone is different. Until then you are trying to build something for yourself and the most important thing to remember is that it is what YOU want.