The Inevitability Of A TJ Maxx Trip

The Inevitability Of A TJ Maxx Trip

I obviously need these 10 candles, 4 shampoos, 6 yoga pants, 2 purses, a fuzzy pillow & trail mix, for something...

14
The Inevitability Of A TJ Maxx Trip

When I think of death, I'm obviously a little afraid of it. But then, I think of heaven. And wow, what an amazing place that is sure to be! In fact, sometimes I imagine myself daydreaming about heaven, especially when I'm drowning in work, fatigue, or I'm in the middle of a plank at the gym.

What does heaven really look like?

Well, none of us know for certain. But I can tell you- I have just the slightest inkling of what may be a slice of heaven here on this earth. TJ Maxx.

Need a new shirt? TJ Maxx has it.

While you're at it, do you need a branded perfume that you could never afford? Have no fear, TJ Maxx is here for you!

Of course, you're going to need a yoga mat. Good thing for TJ Maxx!

A new desk? A painting? A reasonably priced candle?

Fancy, schmancy wine glasses?

You got it, folks. TJ Maxx has it in store for you!

Now, of course, this is a beautiful thing. But, don't be fooled, my friends. This can also be a terrible thing.

Here are some inevitable happenings that occur when you decide to take a trip to TJ Maxx:

1. You start with a small list.

AND- You intend to stay within the boundaries of that list!

2. You are walking towards the items on that list, when something catches your eye...

So, you'll just BROWSE. Can't hurt, right?

3. You find something that you become increasingly interested in.

Well, maybe we can make room on the list for this too...

4. You check the price- and look at the "compared to" price as well.

Look how cheap it is compared to what it usually is sold at!!!

5. You add it to the cart, and spot something else.

Well, it's obvious what happens next.

6. Ok, a few more things can't hurt.

I obviously need these 10 candles, 4 shampoos, 6 yoga pants, 2 purses, a fuzzy pillow & trail mix, for something.

7. You stop adding the prices together before checkout, convincing yourself you can afford it.

Or at least, you pretend to be anyway.

8. Your arms ache in the checkout line because you didn't get a cart when you first came in.

We were supposed to stick to the list...remember?!

9. You find even more goodies in the checkout line.

A few more knick-knacks can't hurt, right? We need a pepper grinder- right?

10. You realize your total is much higher than you expected, but whatever.

Your inner monologue is cheering you on!

11. You walk out feeling like a new person.

The world is your oyster.

12. You start to worry about credit card bills, but remind yourself this is for your mental sanity.

You're welcome, universe.

13. You swear you won't be back until next month.

A self-intervention.

14. You find yourself back...next week.

Well...you DID need a new coffee mug...

Happy shopping!