5 Tips For Getting Through Second Semester

Things I've learned from my first semester that I plan to take through my second.

22

First semester felt eternal while it was happening, but looking back it feels like it barely lasted a few weeks. However, as the spring semester approaches, I am reaching back to tips I used at the beginning of last semester in order to maintain my grades and my sanity!

1. Exercise

Working out is one of the most important parts of your mental health in college! When things get too hectic to do a full workout, I'll go for a quick run or just take a walk to clear my head.

2. Eat healthy

Eating healthy doesn't mean only eating salads and kale smoothies, but make sure you find a balance in your food choices. Get enough fruits and vegetables in your system that you don't feel bad eating that piece of cake. Your body will thank you for it!

3. Take breaks from work

Doing work for hours at a time not only drains you completely, but you tend to do sloppy work when you're tired. It isn't productive to try to be SO productive, so instead give your brain the break it deserves!

4. Get enough sleep

Sleep schedules tend to go out the window as the workload increases, but it is important to make sure you get 8 hours in order to perform your best.

5. Prioritize

Being able to manage your work comes with prioritizing! Make sure you finish things that are due tomorrow before you start something that is due 2 weeks out. Then, use your extra time to get ahead on your work.