Tips For Surviving That Pesky Online Class

3

We’ve all been there. Course registration is a very emotional, long and stressful process. You think you’re at the finish line and then your required class is FULL. It’s your worst nightmare. You toy with the idea taking it online, and after twenty minutes of intense sobbing and twitter ranting, you decided that you think you can conquer that online class. Here are some tips and tricks to make it through your online class alive. 

Get to know your professor. 

Just because you never have get out of bed and listen to your Professor lecture doesn’t mean they can’t be a great resource to you. Set up a time to meet with them and get to know them. They will remember when grading your work. 

Time management.

Procrastination is a huge problem when taking an online class. Set up a time where you can work on your class each week. If you do it every week at the same time, it will become a habit. 

Keep your eyes open. 

Always be watching for updates. It’s really easy to forget a deadline or miss an email, but make sure you’re always watching. Nobody is there to tell you about it. It’s on your shoulders to read everything given to you. 

Friends. 

Make a friend, or convince one of your friends to sign up for the class, too! It’s a lot easier when you’re not the only one going through something. When you pull a friend in, there’s a second set of eyes watching for updates and someone to remind you of deadlines. Who doesn't love a good study date?

Treat yo'self. 

It’s okay to treat yourself sometimes. If you need a smoothie to gain the extra bit of motivation, don’t even think twice. Smoothies are great and so are you.

You can survive your online class. You may cry, throw up, or maybe even both at the same time, but I believe in you!