Everything Incoming Sorority Girls Need To Know About Rush

To the nervous pNM, this one's for you

Be prepared for the wildest (and most rewarding) ride of your life, sister!

158
To the nervous pNM, this one's for you
Maddie Hinojosa

In just one month (eeek!!!), sorority girls across the country will finally reunite with their sisters in order to prepare for the most wonderful time of the year, recruitment season! The recruitment video is live, the coordinated outfits are bought (I can't even begin to describe how hard it was to find a chambray dress), and the chants are being rehearsed.

As the active Greek women anxiously await the arrival of their first party, you, the PNM, hopefully, anxiously await seeing us for the first time. If you're anything like me, sorority recruitment was (or is) one of those things that made me extremely nervous. Just like you, I didn't know what to expect as I walked through those doors for the first time.

However, here I am, entering my third year of recruitment, here to assure you that everything will be fine!

I can promise you that no matter how nervous you are, we are likely to be 10x more nervous. So much time, sweat and preparation goes into making sure the process runs smoothly for everybody.

Everything about the recruitment season is specifically tailored for you, the PNMs. We coordinate outfits, practice all of those chants, and wear our best smiles in hopes of showing you who we really are.

Believe me, I KNOW how intense it must seem. Seeing 200+ girls in matching outfits, perfectly reciting a chant and bouncing in absolute rhythm can be intimidating, but I promise in these chants all we are thinking about is how excited we are to finally get to talk to you.

As the week progresses, you will likely be asked the same questions, and in turn, repeat the same answers. As tiring as this can seem, this is only so we can get to know you, and so you can get to know us. In addition to telling us your hometown and your major, you are likely to hear at least a million times, how special our sisterhood is to each and every one of us.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that my sisterhood is the perfect place for me. My sisters are uplifting, goofy, food-motivated, and the most genuine group of women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. They push me to be a better, all around woman. One that is classy, positive, hard-working, and proud of who she is. You too will find this special bond.

I pray that you take in every moment of your recruitment experience. It will be tiring, there will be days where your feet hurt from standing, or your cheeks hurt from smiling too much. All of this will be completely worth it when you find your home, the same way so many of us have before. Take a deep breath, and we can't wait to meet you!