How To Master Time Management In College

5 Ways To Manage Your Responsibilities And Still Have Hang-Out Time With The Fam And Friends

No matter how hectic my schedule may be, I always try my 100% to spend some quality time with my friends and family.

92
Erikka and her parents
Erikka Chowdhury
Sometimes we feel that there isn't enough time to finish all the things we want to complete in a single day. Other times, we are usually in a complicated conundrum regarding how to effectively utilize our time and make it worthwhile. Reality is that we will always be engaged in a busy lifestyle but it is imperative that we devote some quality time engaging in activities that we really love and spend time with our loved ones. Featured below are 5 simple guidelines which will enable you to understand the importance of time management and will eventually make you better prepared in handling the everyday struggles of life.

1. Write things down on your to-do list

Doing this will make you appreciate your time more and will further invigorate you to finish your tasks on time. You will be able to stay more organized and learn to prioritize more timely activities better. Also, you will become more keen towards caring about your work and how much time you should devote to making the final product the best that it can be.

2. Strive to include family and friends on your schedule

We all can relate to how hectic a person's schedule can be with and without classes. However, keep in mind that your family and friends are a pivotal part of your life! No matter how hectic my schedule may be, I always try my 100% to be able to spend some quality time with my friends and family. After all, a social life improves your critical thinking skills and prevents any type of rough mood swings to crop up.

3. Plan an outdoor activity amidst classes

Frankly speaking, it is always awesome to be able to spend time outdoors as opposed to staying indoors most of the time. Being outside will make you want to think outside the box and venture out of your comfort zone. These two things will tremendously impact your life as a student and you can bring these traits into the lecture halls.

4. Spend almost all your time doing something productive

As we all know, wasting time is not something that we should engage in all the time. I agree some days seem a bit slow and all you want to do is have a snack and binge-watch your favorite shows on Netflix. I'm sometimes guilty of this too! However, that is acceptable only when you are practically done with your assignments and errands for the day. It is not acceptable when you have exams coming up, homework assignments to complete, and other activities to complete. Therefore, everyone should spend almost all their time actively participating in a brain-stimulating activity if they run out of things to do. There are many ways to not waste time and make every moment count!

5. Interact with others around you

A fantastic way to use your time wisely is to interact with fellow classmates, Professors, colleagues, or any experts to increase your levels of knowledge. Having a mini 10-minute conversation with an intellectual individual will instantly transform you into a more enlightened world. Honestly, interactions don't really have to be limited to scholars. They can be with anyone around you because talking to them will introduce you to new concepts changing your perception of everyday topics.