I voted, did you?

9 Thoughts That Go Through Your Head When Voting For The First Time

Every vote counts!

6
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp3LQjeHJqs/

@andrearenee825

With elections just happening, this would be my very first time voting, and I know just like it was for me, it would be an experience for everyone out there. Voting is important, and your thoughts through the process might be the same as mine, here is what went through my mind as a first-time voter!

1. Wait, I can actually vote?

That moment where you're not even sure if you're allowed to vote or not cause you never done it before. If it didn't happen to you, it sure happened to me, it was a kind of surreal realization, that I could indeed go vote.

2. How does voting even work...?

Yeah, I know I want to vote, but how does this work again? Is not like anyone thought us how to do this in high school, right...?

3. Can I vote anywhere?

What does the place even look like? What if I'm in my hometown? Can I not vote then? WHAT DO I DO!?! But don't stress yourself out - ask around if you're not sure, everything will work out and your vote will go through!

4. Waiting in line like, “Who was I even voting for?”

You know, that moment you're in line, you're ready for this, but as you get closer and closer to the front of the line, you suddenly blank...who was I voting for again? I'm pretty sure I had all of this figure out before I got here, but don't worry, when the moment comes, you will know what to do.

5. Oh, wait! I’m next!

It's finally time, the moment you been waiting on this whole time, you got this!

6. How does this machine work?

These machines are weird, do I really need to read all of this instruction? OMG, I just tried to touch the screen, guess what I learned from that? It's not a touchscreen kind of technology, just breath no one saw and you'll get through it... I guess I'm reading the instructions.

7. Okay, I've got this, I’m ready!

I finally figured out how the machine works. No time like now, let's do this!

8. Finally, I did it!

You submit your ballot, you walk away, and then you realized you actually just did that! Congrats to you, you're officially a first-time voter.

9. *Takes sticker pic*

However, we all know you can't make it official without taking that sticker picture, so grab your sticker, take the picture and NOW you're officially a first-time voter. You did it!