I Am Making This Year About Me

I Am Making This Year About Me

And that's okay.

56
https://unsplash.com/photos/kamB4UHlcAE
Unsplash via F

I have decided that this year is going to be all about me. That may seem selfish, but that's okay. This year is going to be my year. I usually put everybody else first. I worry about what everyone else wants, and what everybody else needs. I always just kind of put myself on the back burner. Now it is my turn to be important. I need to start worrying about myself more and everybody else a little less.

I have already begun to make many life-changing decisions, but I definitely am not done. These decisions have already brought me much happiness. I have left people in the past, and I have also brought new people into my life. I have started going to the gym regularly. I have been eating (somewhat) healthy. I have spent time outside in the sun. I have started doing the things that I want to do. I have started actually caring about myself. I have started to search for myself, my true self. Not the person I have been pretending to be.

I have started recognizing my terrible traits. I have been able to notice the negative things in my life. I am starting to be able to tell the difference between being critical of myself and being constructive towards myself. I have also started to realize that it is okay to not be okay and that I can't always be okay.

This whole "caring about myself" thing is brand new to me, but I already love it. I love being happy in my own skin. I love being unapologetically myself. I love laughing really loud in public and not really care if people are staring. I love discovering myself. I love finding happiness in myself and not in other people.

I still have a long ways to go, but new progress is being made every single day, and for that I am happy.