Why You Should Wear Your Damn Mask IN THIS PANDAMNIC

People only take cussing seriously, so I said Damn in this PanDAMNic

89
  • It's winter and Jack Frost wants to Bite your face

The days of winter stealing moisture from our lips are long gone—we have masks now. You can wear a mask without looking awkward in public and outside, and it can protective your face from any kind of harsh winter weather. So, why don't you wear it? Is it because you are actually Elsa from Frozen and the cold never bothered you anyway?

• It's literally Cool

The whole point of wearing a mask is to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Do you know what symptoms is used as a primary indicator that someone may be infected with this virus? Fever. Do you know what fever is? Hot. Do you know what the opposite of hot is? Cool. Was that explanation slightly condescending to those who choose to not wear masks? Yes.

You could have halitosis

Maybe your breath just stinks. Maybe you don't know what oral hygiene is. I cannot be too sure because I may not know who you even are, but I can guarantee that if you forgot a breath mint or was unconcerned about your mouth, and your breath was allowed to turn into a private stew inside that crockpot of a mouth, you may want to cover that up with a mask.

• It's not attractive to make your nose blow over the mask

It is also important to wear the mask correctly. If you do not also cover up your nostrils with your mask, then that half the point of wearing the mask in the first place. Although air primarily goes up the nostrils, sometimes carbon dioxide and other things go back out those same exact nostrils and could infect other people.

• Half of Your Humanity is Hidden

By not seeing your mouth and nose, people cannot see the whole facial expression that you make. We are required to rely on our abilities to understand expressions of each other's eyes, eyebrows, and what we can discern from the facial muscles that also move the mask. By being required or encouraged to wear these masks, people are relying more on their social skills to understand each other and being required to communicate more to keep from isolation. The good news is that it's not enough to smile at someone, we have to verbally affirm that we are thinking positive thoughts about other people. I have been guilty of this as well; I used to only smile at people, but now I have to verbally communicate.

• WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDAMNIC

I saved the most obvious reason for last because it should be intuitively obvious. It's not enough that there are mandates, curfews, shortened capacity levels, closings, and all other sorts of regulations that hint that wearing a mask will MAKE THIS EASIER AND BETTER. HOW MANY HINTS DO YOU NEED?

WHY DO YOU NOT CARE THAT YOU COULD BE THE REASON THAT PEOPLE ARE GETTING INFECTED BY A VIRUS THAT COULD BE POTENTIALLY LETHAL? *This is more directed at people who do not wear it.

Also, although puns give me a satisfaction that is almost ridiculous, I purposefully used the word "damn" because only cuss words seem to get people's attention due to their emphasis. Cuss words should not be considered as violent or used purposefully to make someone look like a violent person when they are a pacifist, but sometimes people will take advantage of any material they can grab with their little pinky finger.