This Family Trees Got Deep Roots

This Family Trees Got Deep Roots

Family is the most amazing gift that a person can be given.

8
This Family Trees Got Deep Roots
personal photo

“Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what”

Crazy, loud, Italian, loving, helpful, supportive,mine. Those are just some words to describe my family. This week; just like many people in the world, I gathered around the table with my family and celebrated Thanksgiving. While we went around the table and said what we were thankful for, there was one thing I forgot to mention. I was very thankful that I got to call those 20 people my family.

My dad is the oldest of 5 children so that means that I was blessed with a very large family. And not only that, I can honestly say that we are all very close. Most of all my memories have someone of my extended family involved. From vacations to birthday parties to family get togethers, there was always family around. All my holidays were spent at my Grandma's’ house, all the cousins playing together or coming up with plays and musicals for us to put on for our parents, or we would be playing school; always arguing over who would be the teacher (I guess that’s what happens when you have 4 future teachers in the family). But no matter what we did, I always knew we would be having fun. I wasn’t just given 10 amazing cousins, but I was given 10 amazing friends as well.

“Cousins: Childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends.”

One of my best memories is from 4 years ago. My whole family rented a beautiful beach house for a week and went on a vacation together. We had a week of laughs, smiles, adventures and just overall fun. We still to this day will talk about that vacation, always saying it is something that we hope to do again.

Besides my parents, my family is my biggest support system. I know I can count on my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandma to be there for me no matter what, supporting me in whatever I set my mind to do. They have been in the audience for my sporting events and theatre shows, graduations and ceremonies. I know that if something special or important is happening, they will be there.

I hear stories about how people do not see their aunts or cousins, or even their grandparents or siblings, and my heart breaks for them. The times I get to see my family and do things with them, not matter what it is, is something I always look forward too. I have memories with each and everyone of my family, and I love making new ones. I was saying the other day, most people’s family get smaller and smaller as people get older, but not ours. Our family was meant to grow in size and in love. I’m glad I’m so close with my family, i couldn’t imagine it any other way.

“Family, where life begins and love never ends”