Almost There

Almost There

A Few Weeks and Counting

3
Almost There
online

By the time you read this article we will be anywhere from 44-35 days away from the end of 2016. Really? Yes, Really. If you're like me then you know that this year has flown by. Thanksgiving just days away, Christmas right around the corner, and soon we will be ringing in the New Year. Only a few weeks left to sew up all the lose ends, finish homework assignments, projects, study for test, make holiday travel plans, as well as putting the finishing touches on some Christmas gifts. Sounds like a lot right? Yeah, it is. Need an extra week? An extra 24 hours in a day? Sounds about right. Unfortunately that not going to happen. So here are some tips to get you through your next few weeks.

1. Don't tackle more than one thing at once.

I know this sounds silly because you instantly think "multitasking" gets stuff done faster. Well in some ways you may be right but however in other ways completely mistaken. Taking on too many things at once can cause excess amounts of stress that will make you miserable, exhausted, and can take the joy out of the holiday seasons to come if you have all your stress and worries on other things.

2. Make a schedule and stick to it as much as possible.

Easier said than done right? I've found this tip helpful in the past few weeks as I've realized some days I've bitten off more than I can chew. So I've done it like this when I get out of work or school start on one task and work on it until it's complete then move on to the next. Don't skip around, that tends to cause confusion and much-unneeded frustration. Just breathe and be patient, it will all get done.

3. Don't spread yourself too thin.

Nothing gets done effectively if your doing too much at one time. You can't be in two places at once and you're missing out on the enjoyment you would have if you just slowed down a little. So I guess the old way to say it is "Stop and smell the roses". Make time to enjoy life, don't be afraid to say no to someone or something if its too much for your plate.

4. Enjoy it, even when it's hectic.

We work hard and tackle so many things to get through the year and it begins to wind down we miss so much by stressing out and speeding through our days. Take your Thanksgiving week and Christmas break and spend time with family, eat good food, relax on the couch and take a Sunday afternoon nap. You've worked hard all year and especially in the past few weeks getting ready for the holiday season, it's time to enjoy it. Don't miss a single laugh or old story from family times past. Embrace it and be sure to take it all in. Make memories that will last a lifetime.

5. Get it done, and look forward.

In what seems like a few short days everyone will be deciding on their New Year's resolutions and planning "a new you". Get excited about it, finish out your year with lots of fun and memories as well as tackling all the important things that need to be finished and get ready for a new year, get ready to embrace change and move forward.

Take the last few weeks of this year and make them count. Stay focused, be determined, enjoy life and make memories that will last a life time. Here's to what 2016 brought and whatever 2017 has in store.