13 Things That Are Way Better Than New Year's Kisses

Who needs love and affection anyway?

47

Last year I made a list of creative ways to get a kiss at midnight on New Year's, but after coming up kissless last holiday, I decided midnight kisses are for some people, but they're definitely not for me. In fact, there are a million things better than kisses on New Years. Here's a sample!

1. Confetti and Noisemakers

What's better than making out with a cute boy at midnight? Throwing confetti and blowing noisemakers in the ears of the couples who are making out at midnight.

2. Fireworks

It's midnight, you're out with friends, and there are fireworks everywhere. No boys needed.

3. Being Drunk

If you're doing things right, you won't even notice you have no one to kiss at midnight.

4. Fantasizing Your High School Musical NYE Moment

Your Troy Bolton could be hiding out anywhere and that could be the start of something new.

5. Midnight Texts From Your Mom

Because at least someone cares...

6. French Fries

Fries before guys, am I right?

7. Watching the Ball Drop

No plan? No problem. Ryan Seacrest always provides quality entertainment all night long.

8. Declaring Resolutions You Won't Keep

Because I'm totally going to lose 15 pounds, eat healthily, and start meditating every day.

9. Naps

What better way to ring in the New Year than with your favorite pastime?

10. Good Friends

Just because you don't have anyone to smooch, doesn't mean you have to ring in the New Year alone. Midnight hugs are just as great as kisses.

11. Making Money

Honestly, I work every year on New Year's Eve so the only thing I'll really be kissing is my paycheck.

12. Compile a List of Bad Decisions to Make in the New Year

Ya gotta plan ahead to be successful, ya know?

13. Sparklers

What's more fun than fire? Absolutely nothing.