Home Is Wherever I'm With You

Home Is Wherever I'm With You

How They Changed Me For The Better

23
Home Is Wherever I'm With You

I'm not the type of person who gets comfortable quickly. Well, correction, I wasn't the type to get comfortable quickly. Now, my heart, and my home are located in many different places at once, which in a way, makes every place a little more comfortable.

Joining a sorority is by far the best decision I could have ever made. I went from hating the idea of being a "sorority girl," to hating even the thought of ever living even a second without my sisters, and not just one of them, but all of them! Whether or not they are new to the sisterhood, an active member, or even an alumnae, I couldn't imagine going through my life without them.

From day one, I knew that I had found my "home." I met the goofiest blonde, who was so full of life,and within minutes of our conversation, I knew that I could not wait to hear more of her stories on a daily basis. Now she holds a huge place in my heart as my guardian angel, and one of my closest friends. I also met another blonde that day, who quickly became the "Lorelai to my Rory," and the most put together "hot mess" I have ever met, and could not function without.

Because I joined my sorority, I met my best friend, my backbone, and my big sister all in one. I run to her on the bad days, and rejoice with her on the good days. She's my constant positive reminder to keep going, and to never give up. I truly wouldn't be myself, if I didn't have her.

My sorority has given me my role model. Someone that I can go to, and learn from, no matter how "weird" she may be at times. I've been blessed with my person, who I can call with anything and everything. I have seen the "dark side" with a sister who knows how to keep me laughing with her jokes and puns. I found the Blair to my Serena, and without "B," life would be boring. I found the sappy side of "my favorite," and quickly realized that life would be boring without her, too!

If I hadn't had joined this sorority, I feel as if my life wouldn't be complete. With this sisterhood, I have not only gained another "Maddy," but also a "Madi and Maddie." I have a sister who is willing to spend hours attempting to teach me the difference between the Spanish words "madrasta" and "prima." I have sisters that I can call when I just want to play the guitar, and another sister who understands my love for playing drums. I found a sister who I feel as if I was separated from at birth, because she quickly accepted and understood me, as well as equally shares my love for Disney, "Star Wars," and theatre.

In conclusion, I owe so much of my heart to my sisters. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the sisters mentioned, as well as the two sisters who taught myself and over thirty others the beauty of everything, and to Theta Phi Alpha, especially the Beta Epsilon chapter as a whole. Because I knew you, I have been changed for good. And no matter where life takes us, whether that be near, far, or specifically Disney, just know, that home is wherever I'm with you.