The Many Layers of Winter Fashion

The Many Layers of Winter Fashion

Like an onion, a cold, cold onion

46
The Many Layers of Winter Fashion
Walk With Me Blogs

The Socks: An important, if oftentimes overlooked, part of the winter look. Crucial not only as the base for the boots, another important aspect, but also as the first line of defense against the soul crushing cold. Important and necessary. The fuzzier the better. 10/10 would recommend

The Boots: Again, the fuzzier the better. Comfort is key here: come on people, love yourself. Yes of course we are also talking fashion, but honestly you can't just walk outside in the snow in your socks no matter how important they are ( see above). Beautiful and functional, the true American dream.

The Shirt: The anchor for the top half of your look. Go too warm, and you might end up sweating under your heavy jacket. Too thin and you'll end up shivering. A delicate balance.

The Sweater: Located within the same category as the shirt, with the potential to make or break the temperature ratio before the layering has even begun. Cozy and cute, but sometimes itchy, perfectly representing the potential for those we love to hurt us the deepest. Some scars just never fade.

The Jacket: You could go for fashion here, but it's a cold world out there, and who are you trying to kid anyway? Go puffy! Yes, you might look vaguely like a marshmallow, but marshmallows are delicious and they never die from frostbite. Own the look and own the warmth. Spring is just around the corner and you want to live to see another flip-flop worthy day.

The Scarf: Like wrapping your neck in a beautiful fluffy cloud. An added pop of color in an otherwise dreary season. A good as pure as we will ever see in this world.

From Your Site Articles