It's certainly not small potatoes

The World's Largest Potato Came And Went

Millions of potatoes are eaten each day but have you ever seen the world's largest?

44
Kimberly Lawton

There is a 12,000-pound potato rolling through Hartford, CT today and I might have a chance to see it! Who knew to help a friend set up their parking would allow for such an amazing opportunity to occur.

Two potatoes.Kimberly Lawton

Today is August 22nd and if I get to see the world's largest potato I will be beyond happy. The potato is making a journey cross country to help raise funding for Meals On Wheels and looking at the size and specifications it must have left a very large crater behind.

One good sized potato in the foreground.Kimberly Lawton

Thinking of it in further detail, honestly, the hole is probably large enough for a small swimming pool. Besides providing swimming pool shaped holes, a potato that size has the potential to feed hundreds if not thousands of people. Just think of all the mashed potatoes.

A mid-sized potato takes the stage.Kimberly Lawton

Update: we did not see the giant potato on our journey through the city. Seeing as I did not get to see the world's largest potato, the photos in this article are of the largest potatoes I could find. These potatoes may not be able to feed hundreds or thousands but they will be tasty baked, mashed, or boiled.

Even though I did not get to see the World's largest potato, I did get to see the city of Hartford in the daytime. As someone who is not accustomed to cities, in general, it was really cool to have a personal tour guide around the UConn Hartford Campus.

The city doesn't seem as scary during the daytime as it does at night.

We saw a two-sided building, the river walk, Barnes and Noble and Constitution Plaza which more than makes up for missing the World's largest potato.