Rhys Ernst's 'Adam' Sells Trans- And Lesbophobia In An LGBTQ+ Package
Currently

Rhys Ernst's 'Adam' Is Trans- And Lesbophobia Masquerading As An LGBTQ+ Movie

Why is this supposedly "most exciting LGBT film of the year" is receiving major backlash.

79

What started as a highly controversial book by Ariel Schrag is now turning into a very unwanted film. While many would think without doing research of the book that it's just simply another LGBTQ+ movie. In reality, the book is actually about a cisgender boy who pretends to be a trans man in order to persuade lesbians to sleep with him.

While many might not know anything about the book or the creation of the movie we should begin to educate others about its content. It is not a movie that supports the LGBTQ+ community and does not help the image portrayed upon trans men and lesbians.

Throughout the book, there are multiple incidents that are very displeasing for those of the community and those who respect consent. Some incidents include fascinations about the boy being "a real boy" or lesbians can be "cured."

It's deeply transphobic and implies that trans identities are just costumes for other people to put on. To imply it was done to trick people into sex is a dangerous lie that could get someone killed.

It's highly lesbophobic as well, it leads people who aren't educated to believe lesbians can be "fixed" by sleeping with a man. The reality of the impact of some of these would be harmless books and movies is very scary.

While we can't change the contents of a book people should be educated about how harmful these notions about trans men and lesbians can actually be.

People use these ideas to hurt those in the community every day and that's a very harsh reality of some of these fictional films and books.

While these quite a few reviews and perspectives on this upcoming film those of the LGBTQ+ community are not very supportive of its release.

With it being marketed as an exciting new LGBTQ+ film, those who don't do their research won't know or be warned about how hurtful and triggering the plot can be. In this day and age-fighting for equality is being made harder by films and books like this.

It puts a bad image on the community and not everyone realizes how large of an impact it really makes. While we can't change the release of a movie or the contents of a book we should all continue to support the community and continue the fight to change the corrupted view of the community.