The Ultimate Holiday Lookbook

The Ultimate Holiday Lookbook

The perfect holiday look Pt. 1: the outfit.

7
The Ultimate Holiday Lookbook
Rachel's Look Book

It's the most wonderful time of the year! The Holidays! The holiday season involves shopping, decorating, and of course parties. But naturally, the hardest part of parties is finding something to wear? Especially when there are multiple parties to attend, it is hard to find that perfect outfit. With all the parties to attend, and all the outfits to buy, holiday party attire can become expensive fast. The key to looking polished at all your parties is wearing versatile pieces! To top off the perfect outfit, you need the perfect makeup to tie the whole look together. While most of us tend to stick to our usual beauty routines, it's important to spice things up during the holiday season! A flawless face and a perfect outfit ensure that you rock the holiday party scene.

The way I like to style outfits it by starting with the top, and working around it. Whether your top is the statement part of your outfit, or a basic item, starting with the top is a fool proof method to an effortless outfit. Plaid is always a staple for myself at holiday parties. It can be dressed up for down, and styled numerous ways. For a casual feel, throw on a chunky cable knit sweater over your flannel, and top it off with a sparkly statement necklace. Finish it with a cute pair of boyfriend jeans, and a pair of booties or heels. For a more dressy feel tuck the flannel into a pencil skirt, add a structured blazer. To finish off the look, accessorize with some tights, booties, and fun jewelry to tie it all together!

As mentioned above, skirts are great for holiday parties, and there are numerous styles that will flatter every body type and preference, not to mention the thousands of colors and patterns to choose from. Currently, midi skirts are super popular, and for good reason! They are super functional, and can be worn for numerous occasions. They are also one of the classiest and cutest skirts out there. With the right pieces, a midi skirt can be turned into the perfect holiday outfit! For work or family parties, solid midi skirts are a staple. Red and black are both classic colors for this type of year, and can be paired with almost anything. When working with a basic skirt, you have a ton of freedom on how fancy you want the outfit to appear. Spice up the outfit by adding a lace top and some gold accessories. Or tone down the outfit pair the skirt with a simple blouse and some minimal dainty jewelry. For a dressier party, sequin skirts are the way to go! While they might seem daunting at first, they can really steal the show. When stylish a sequin skirt, or any statement skirt, it's important to let the skirt shine with no other distractions. This means, keep the other pieces and accessories minimal so that the skirt can really shine! With both outfits, you can never go wrong with a classic pair of black heels. Investing in a good pair of black heals it critical for this time of year. A black pair of heels can transition from look to look seamlessly, and save you a little cash along the way.