The Truth Behind Psychological Manipulation

It's quite appalling.

By Amman Zia.

31
https://exploringyourmind.com/psychological-manipulation-techniques-you-may-be-a-victim-of/

Believe it or not, psychological manipulation has been a tactic utilized by numerous individuals since the beginning of time. For those who may not comprehend what this mechanism is, it's simply a social influence that aims to change one's behavior and thinking through certain tactics. In fact, you may be in a phase of being psychologically manipulated by someone you know. This manipulative behavior involves the three most common factors. These include fear, obligation, and guilt. When being manipulated you are entering a world where you may not be wanting to do something!

Interestingly enough, according to psychologists, there are several types of manipulations. Here is a list commonly found in psychopaths, sociopaths, and narcissistic individuals.

• Lying
  • Telling parts of a story
  • Mood swings and bipolar disorder
  • Punishment
  • Denial and Delusion Spinning the truth
  • Isolation
  • Aggression

Thus, it is quite difficult to characterize whether or not a certain person may be a psychopath, sociopath, or narcissist. In other words, considering these things are kept in an individual's mind what also matters are their psychopathic actions. Not all of us are psychologists, including me, so, therefore, we shouldn't be quick to characterize one as a psychopath.

Although it may be hard for us to diagnose true psychopathic behavior, it may not be so difficult to tell if an individual is manipulating you. This can occur either on social media or in real life, although it is common in reality. Here is another list that you can utilize in your everyday lives to tell if your mind is being manipulated:

• Guilt bait
  • Insecurity
  • Constant Judgment
  • Ignorant behaviors
  • Negative surprises
  • Under constant pressure and emotions

The human brain is an engrossing system propelling us to process and retain information. Most importantly, the mind is also finding ways to refute certain ideas or perspectives for you to formulate a claim. Therefore, psychological manipulation is a thought-provoking tactic utilized by not only psychopaths but maybe your friends or family members as well.