The Top 5 Cozy NY Hotels to Visit This Christmas

There is something about traveling to New York at Christmas. The city is transformed into a fairy tale village of fairy lights, entertainment, color, and soft snow. While many people dread traveling at Christmas, getting out of your usual neighborhood and into new York has its advantages.

25

Take in all the shopping, the glitter, and the buzz, without having any of the usual work to do, or mess to clean up yourself. If cozy is your thing, then unwind and breathe in the atmosphere of a New York Christmas with any one of these wonderful - yet very cozy - hotels.

1. WestGate New York Grand Central

Westgate New York Grand Central is a well-positioned hotel offering great accommodation deals in midtown Manhattan.

With easy access to the United Nations Plaza and Bryant Park, the hotels' rooms cater for a variety of budgets for people looking to stay in the Grand Central Station area.

An ideal location to taste and see all that New York has to offer, Westgate New York Grand Central has its own start-of the art fitness center, is home to the Tudor City marketplace and Tavern and is an easy walk to many of the city's hotspots and iconic tourist haunts.

Located at 304 E 42nd St in New York, the area is known as a friendly place to unwind with exceptional staff and simple, well-appointed rooms.

WestGate is unpretentious and caters well to visitors to New York. Its location makes it a favorite place to stay for those wanting to take in New York's most famous sites and yet still relax and enjoy a casual breakfast at places like Johns Diner.

2. The Sofitel New York

Big and beautiful, the Sofitel lies in the heart of New York's theatre district. Despite its size, it retains a personal feel. The hotel has a Parisienne feel with its marble bathrooms and modern furniture yet still retains a warm and cosey atmosphere.

If you like all things French, the smell of fresh flowers in the lobby and want to experience the real Manhatten, Sofitel is a good choice. It offers a delicious Christmas day buffet, stunning views, and a luxuriant atmosphere.

Well situated for public transport and just around the corner from 5thb Avenue, the Sofitel is close to Broadway, world-class dining and museums that are the envy of the rest of the world.

For those who treasure the little pleasures, the rooms are very well thought out. From the Hermes Eau d'Orange Vert to dome ceilings, quick filling baths and marble rain showers, the rooms a superbly finished.

Clean, warm and friendly. A memorable experience, but not so ostentatious that you are afraid to touch the glassware.

3. The Crosby Street Hotel

If you are looking for something a little quieter, and perhaps a little more, boutique, then Crosby Street Hotel is worth a look.

This 86 room hotel is filled with charm and style. Luxurious, yet simple, the hotel offers five-star service with a truly personal touch. Nestled in among the cobbled streets of SoHo, it boasts a trendy atmosphere.

The staff at the Crosby really understand hospitality. You can take in a delightful afternoon tea or work out at the gym. You can lay back and enjoy the sweeping westerly views or admire the interior design of Kit Kemp. Whatever your interest, the staff here are on hand to make your stay cozy, pleasurable and memorable.

With Bloomingdale's just around the block and lower east side, Chinatown and Times Square within an easy walk, the hotel is also ideal for the young at heart who are looking for some additional noise at Christmas.

4. Mondrian Park Avenue

Just a short walk to the Empire State Building, this Midtown East Hotel is ideally situated. It lacks the hustle of the tourist crowd and appeals to those with an appreciation for Avante-Garde.

Drawing a younger crowd with its roof-top bar, sweeping views, and delicious cocktails, this hotel is great for those who want Christmas to be an unforgettable celebration.

The rooms are quiet and very comfortable with pillow-top mattresses and it 444 park Avenue address just screams, "You've made it".

Whether it's the art, the location or the trendsetting cuisine, Mondrain park is a good choice for those who are looking for a new York adventure this Christmas.

5. The Roosevelt Hotel, New York

Think Jazz, 1920's flapper, and cocktails. The Roosevelt takes you back in time while providing you with every kind of modern luxury.

The period architecture and ageless design give a sense of true elegance and comfort to hotel visitors. Only minutes from Times Square and grand central, The Roosevelt is a favorite and iconic hotel in midtown Manhatten.

Once you have rolled around in the almost heavenly comfort and quiet of the well-appointed rooms, it's time to take in some of New York's best dining. Whether it's the Roosevelt grill fro breakfast or the Madison Club Lounge for the ultimate martini, the hotel boasts elegant sophistication matched on by its fascinating history.

See the lobby turned into a Christmas wonderland throughout December and enjoy the stately rooms and thoughtful touches in every corner. All of which makes this a hard hotel to leave. But, if you do manage to step out into the city that never sleeps you will not be disappointed.

Close by you will find Central Park, the Rockefeller Center, Carnegie Hall, and Radio City, just to name a few of the Big Apples' most iconic locations.

Don't leave it another year before you experience the best of new Yorks Hotels at Christmas. Find a cozy corner in this world-renowned city and enjoy some of New York life like you have never experienced it before.